Driver's Seat

AJK54

I own a 2006 ES330. Car was bought from reputable dealer off lease with just under 20000 miles. Traded 2002 ES300 for this car. 02 had 180000 miles with only normal wear and routine maintenance. Also have a 2010 RX350, which I drive. Have always veen very impressed with Lexus performance and quality.

The ES330 has developed a strange problem. My wife brought this to my attention over the weekend as I rarely drive her car. On the right side of the drivers seat, at the bottom, close to the floor, there is a black plastic rod sticking out of the track about a foot. I tried to push it back in or pull it out completely. Won't budge. I could probably break it off, but that would come back to haunt me I'm sure. I have not taken it to my dealer yet. I'm new to this board, and thought maybe someone else has experienced this problem. The seat still works fine. Back and forth. Up and down. Reclines. Does not seem to affect performance at all. If anyone can shed some light on this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. The Lexus dealer I do business with is about 40 miles from me. Thanks!!

I'd be suspicious as to whether this is seat related at all. It sure doesn't sound like any power seat part I've ever run across.

It sounds more like a pen or a plastic chop stick, that fell down between the console and the seat and then lodged in the seat track, and has now finally been worked forward. I'd check it out more closely.

I'd be suspicious as to whether this is seat related at all. It sure doesn't sound like any power seat part I've ever run across.

It sounds more like a pen or a plastic chop stick, that fell down between the console and the seat and then lodged in the seat track, and has now finally been worked forward. I'd check it out more closely.

This thing is definatly part of the seat track system. It finally fell out today. Seat seems to still work fine. If you get down and look at the two tracks that the seat roller units move back and forth in, you will see that each side has a black plastic insert that goes the length of the track. I think about a foot of hers broke off (about half) and worked its way all the way out. Still operational for now. Thanks for the input anyway. I'm sure this will cost me some money before its all over. For now, its cool. Good thing I drive the '10 RX350. That truck is the bomb!!