Car Stops While Driving

sule

Hi guys i was driving to work last night and as i pull in to garage i push brakes just to slow down and the car stops and the battery light came on so i put the shifter on park turn the car off and i started back and works just find.so i am wondering if anybody have same issue or have a knowledge of what is wrong. thanks for your help

It could be something else but I've had the same thing happen several times over the last 20 years on LS400's -- battery was beginning to fail and the connections between the cells were separating and reconnecting. When it has happened to me, it has been at low speed when turning a corner or hitting a pot hole.

It could be something else but I've had the same thing happen several times over the last 20 years on LS400's -- battery was beginning to fail and the connections between the cells were separating and reconnecting. When it has happened to me, it has been at low speed when turning a corner or hitting a pot hole.

Thanks you are right because few months ago i parked the car at shopping center and when i came back and the car couldn't start so i pop the hud and move the battery terminals and its start just find so maybe i will have to replace the battery terminals because the battery is new one year old.

Hi guys i was driving to work last night and as i pull in to garage i push brakes just to slow down and the car stops and the battery light came on so i put the shifter on park turn the car off and i started back and works just find.so i am wondering if anybody have same issue or have a knowledge of what is wrong. thanks for your help

Did the car stall out and then you turned key switch off ?, was the trac light come on and stay on?

Did the car stall out and then you turned key switch off ?, was the trac light come on and stay on?

No the trac light did not stayed on the only lights that was on was the battery and oil lights also the head lights was on as well so the car did not lose power at all.

• 3 months later...

I have had a situation several times where the engine (when idling) would stall when the A/C turned off. It seems it's programmed to up the revs when the A/C starts and then to drop them when the A/C stops. I found that when the refrigerant is low this causes bad behaviour and the drop in revs when the A/C stops can be enough to stall the engine if you happen to be idling at the time. Dont' know if that would be it in your case of course, but worth thinking about. Recharging the A/C fixed it for me.

This happened to me also and it turned out to be a marginally loose Negative battery cable. when I hit a bump in the road it broke the connection long enough to shut the car off. Scary at 65 MPH in morning rush traffic. The car came back on when the hood was closed and the vibration from the hood closing re-established connection. Has been a beautiful ride since terminals were cleaned and tightened and other ends of the cables were checked for tightness. Probably not your issue since you still had lights, ( I had nothing at all ), but worth checking anyway