Maint Reqd

I see MAINT REQD, but no other warnings and nothing lighting up in the maintainance section.

Anyway for me to tell what this is, or do I need to bring it in?

thanks

It is just telling you that a pre-programmed mileage has been reached to change oil or some other action. Your instruction manual tells you how to clear it. Something like hold in the trip mileage reset button and doing something else, maybe turn the ignition key on. I never remember but have to look it up each time.

It is just telling you that a pre-programmed mileage has been reached to change oil or some other action. Your instruction manual tells you how to clear it. Something like hold in the trip mileage reset button and doing something else, maybe turn the ignition key on. I never remember but have to look it up each time.

Cool. I thought if it was that then I'd see the OIL or one of the other items hilighted.

They have a strange definition of REQUIRED...

thanks

Cool. I thought if it was that then I'd see the OIL or one of the other items hilighted.

thanks

The oil light usually means that the oil pressure is critically low (e.g. leak or burning it off), which is different than a pre-set time or mileage having been reached. I think the conventional wisdom is: Maintenance light goes on, you make an appointment when convenient. Oil light goes on, you pull over right away (ASAP) and get some oil in the crank case before driving again because you may be damaging the engine.

Cheers.

There's no oil light or anything else.

thanks

The oil light usually means that the oil pressure is critically low (e.g. leak or burning it off), which is different than a pre-set time or mileage having been reached. I think the conventional wisdom is: Maintenance light goes on, you make an appointment when convenient. Oil light goes on, you pull over right away (ASAP) and get some oil in the crank case before driving again because you may be damaging the engine.

Cheers.