Multiple Misfires

djc99

I too have misfires on cyclinders 2,4 and 6 and i also have a P0300,P0302,P0304,P0306, P1354 all of these where spoke of however I also have a 1354 code and i was wondering if that changed the thought that it could be the OCV left side.

Buy a new OCV and new OCV filter. Multiple missfires and a 1354 is what i just went through. Dealership/toyota dealership will have them.

If you want to do some Preventive maintenance then i would replace both bank 1 and bank 2. I pulled mine and cleaned them and the car is running alot better then it was. It still hiccups givin throttle amount and drivetrain load when hot, but ive spent 0.00$.

I had a 1354 pulled from my car which points to bank 2. When i checked bank 1 it seemed to be twice as filthy, especially the filter. If you have the money, some paitence and some time Buy the parts and do it youself. bank 1 can be a pain. Bank 2 can be done in 5-30 minutes depending on your mechanical abilities. Bank 1 might take an 30 minutes to 2 hours. A bracket had to be persueded out of the way on my car which i left as a last option.

Look at most of the other threads latly regarding 1354 codes or 1349 codes/ multiple misfires and you will find my pictures that show ocv and ocv filter locations.

I am finding this to be the most common problem with these cars. If your getting a 1349 or 1354 code as well as 1/3/5 or 2/4/6 missfires, and it does it randomly, its almost gaurenteed an OCV malfunction.

Bank 2 is easy, bank 1 near the firewall is a pain. have a magnet handy ;).

The ocv's are held in by 1 10mm screw and an electrical connection. the filters are a 14mm bolt on the side of the engine block near the ocv.