Slight Transmission Glitch

amf1932

I noticed that when I start my car in below freezing temperatures and then shift into drive or reverse the first time, the transmission seems to slip(RPM increases with very little pulling power). This only happens once and then every shift afterwards is absolutely fine. I might add that my '07 ES350 has about 15,000 miles. Any ideas? :(

I noticed that when I start my car in below freezing temperatures and then shift into drive or reverse the first time, the transmission seems to slip(RPM increases with very little pulling power). This only happens once and then every shift afterwards is absolutely fine. I might add that my '07 ES350 has about 15,000 miles. Any ideas? :(

no clue, but I would get it in into the dealer asap unless you have an extended warranty...even if they do not find the problem, at least you will have it documented so that it can be fixed under the warranty later....transmission issues always get worse in my experience

wow, an 07 with only 15k miles

I found this on Lexus.com:

The Powertrain Warranty is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Except for the situations listed on the Basic Warranty page, this warranty covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below:

•Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing belt and cover, flywheel, oil pan, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets

•Transmission and Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets

•Front-Wheel-Drive System: Driveshaft, axle, hub, bearings, seals and gaskets

See your Lexus dealer for complete details on the Lexus Powertrain Warranty.

I could have sworn it was for 100,000 miles, not 70,000 miles. B)

I bought this car May, 2006, so the warranty is finished, but isn't the transmission warrantied for 100,000 miles? :unsure:

Doubt it

2011 is 4 year/50k miles bumper to bumper, and 6 year/70k miles engine and drive train

That's exactly the same warranty as the 2007 ES350.

I bought this car May, 2006, so the warranty is finished, but isn't the transmission warrantied for 100,000 miles? :unsure:

Doubt it

2011 is 4 year/50k miles bumper to bumper, and 6 year/70k miles engine and drive train

so you are good til may 2012 on the tranny warranty, nice

Doubt it

so you are good til may 2012 on the tranny warranty, nice

Yay!!! :lol: Since I put so little mileage on this car, I'll tell the service guy about this problem when I bring the car in for my next service appointment sometime in June, 2011.

I would strongly encourage you to take your car in now for the tranny problem and not wait until June. If the problem shows up when it is below freezing, how will the tech be able to duplicate the problem in June.

Paul

I would strongly encourage you to take your car in now for the tranny problem and not wait until June. If the problem shows up when it is below freezing, how will the tech be able to duplicate the problem in June.

Paul

Update:

Actually, this problem hasn't reoccurred ever since that one time. So, I'll just chalk it up to an isolated incident and hope for the best. :)