Bluetooth - 2006 Rx-400H

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the Bluetooth software/firmware in the RX-400h (2006). I have a Blackberry 8900 Curve and can make the handsfree phone work but the current Bluetooth chipset in the 400h won't support streaming of audio content from the Blackberry. I'd rather not add external hardware to make this work if possible. (I could use a cassette/mp3 adapter but would rather use the built-in bluetooth.

Regards,

Kent

No, there's no way to upgrade - I've asked. (I suppose of course there is, but there's not something avaialble that they can do at the dealer or aftermarket.)

I've had bad luck with both cassette adaptors and FM transmitters - the former cut off frequecy response much more that expected for a direct inductive coupling, and the FM transmitters are so bad they hardly make it 6 feet - this appears to be especially bad with our hidden FM antenna. I think they want you to buy a new car to get BT streaming :)