Has Anyone Ever Taken Out A Hv Inverter On The Rx400H?

I was looking to see the step by step process of doing this. The research i have done shows me the precaution steps so you don't get electrocuted but I was looking for a little more detail.

Thanks,

Russell

You need a new inverter? What happened to the old one? Out of warranty?

Anyway, I'd suggest getting a shop manual (or shop DVD, as most seem to be on disc these days). I have one and it's comprehensive. I still like an actual book, but maybe I'm a bit of a Luddite.

Thank you for the great information I see that Maseace is from Washington State which area of Washington State are you from? Also it looks like when I take out the HV Inverter I will have to re-install quite a few other electrical systems like shown in the 4th document that you sent me labeled the Initialization Procedure. Just wanted to make sure I have this correct. Thanks again for all the help.

Russell

Lemon I have a small dent on the bottom black pan cover to my inverter, I just wanted to take the inverter out and make sure the dent didnt do any internal damage before putting this car back together. I have read that the inverter is the main component in this hybrids so i thought i would make sure everything is all right there before moving forward.

Hi Russell, I'm across the Sound in Poulsbo. I believe the reinitialization is a general procedure for any time you disconnect the battery to reset some systems. I think it only applies to the 2006 model and I have an '07. I've never had to do this, but I included it because it was in the repair manual.

So you want to remove the inverter because of a small dent? Seems like a lot of work if the car is running fine. That's one of those things I would only try if there was a real problem observed.

Good points, this might be something I want to stay away from. I am dealing with a rebuild the damage is not too bad but I am missing everything up front like the radiator, condensor, cooling fans. I have attached a picture. I was wondering if anyone has a guide to show me everything I would need to purchase to get this car back up and running. Any manuals or guides would be much appreciated.

Russell

post-125339-0-90386400-1295368373_thumb.

Good parts reference: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_U_2006_LEXUS_RX400H_all.html (MHU33L = 2WD, MHU38L = AWD)

OEM parts at good prices: http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&makeid=20&year=2006&model=RX%20400h

Also I would recommend buying a repair manual CD on eBay. It has all the step by step instructions and wiring diagrams you will need.