Generation 4 Navigation Hybrid Disc

I have been reading the Lexus Club site and the Toyotnation site extensive, and I am confused. Is it possible to create a hybrid disc for the generation 4 navigation system which will allow you to retain the navigation override.

I am trying to create a 5.1/10.1 disc but so far no luck.

Can it be done?

Has anyone created a generation 4 5.1/7.1 or 5.1/8.1 or 5.1/9.1 or 5.1/10.1 that works?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I have been reading the Lexus Club site and the Toyotnation site extensive, and I am confused. Is it possible to create a hybrid disc for the generation 4 navigation system which will allow you to retain the navigation override.

I am trying to create a 5.1/10.1 disc but so far no luck.

Can it be done?

Has anyone created a generation 4 5.1/7.1 or 5.1/8.1 or 5.1/9.1 or 5.1/10.1 that works?

Any help would be appreciated.

I saw a post on one of the Toyota sites saying that someone had been successful with a Gen 4 and 9.1. Here is a link to the most detailed set of instructions that I've found:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/gps-and-navigation-assistance/199387-toyota-sienna-lexus-es350-hybrid-v9/

I don't have a 10.1 disc to try this with yet though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the site however it appears to me that these instructions are for a generation 5 system rather than generation 4.

It does bring up one otheer question. Is a generation 4 system in a toyota the same as a generation 4 system in a Lexus?

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the site however it appears to me that these instructions are for a generation 5 system rather than generation 4.

It does bring up one otheer question. Is a generation 4 system in a toyota the same as a generation 4 system in a Lexus?

Pretty sure the process would be the same. You'd just be replacing the LOADING.KWI file with the gen 4 file instead of the gen 5. The instructions just provide the overall software and steps to follow when trying to create a hybrid disc. Pretty sure as far as nav goes the gen 4 is the same for Lexus and Toyota.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream that if you have a map disc with the loading.kwi, maybe found at this random stroke of keys - http://rapidshare.com/files/446242974/LOADING.KWI, and combined it with the educational material {search "Lexus Toyota North America Navigation DVD Gen 4 v 10.1"} found at demonoid.me you will be the coolest guy on the block. Remember to remove battery for a few minutes.

I had a dream that if you have a map disc with the loading.kwi, maybe found at this random stroke of keys - http://rapidshare.com/files/446242974/LOADING.KWI, and combined it with the educational material {search "Lexus Toyota North America Navigation DVD Gen 4 v 10.1"} found at demonoid.me you will be the coolest guy on the block. Remember to remove battery for a few minutes.

not4u2kno - I personally have both the factory 5.1 and 10.1 navigation discs for my generation 4 Lexus SC430 system and have made a number of attempts to create a hybrid disc. So far I have not succeeded. I have succeeded in making a backup disc of each of my factory discs but not a hybrid.

Do you know of anyone who has actually succeeded in making a 5.1/10.1 disc?

Yes.

Verbatim disc

used imburn

burn slow

Describe what method you used and lets see what we can figure out.

not4u2kno - Thanks for getting back to me. I have been working on this for some time and frankly had reached the point were I was ready to give up. I have been working with a friends who has more computer expertise than I do.

What we have done is as follows:

1) Used a HP6910 Laptop

2) Used Verbatium DVD+R DL

3) Used the IMGBURN program at 4x speed

4) Used original 5.1 and 10.1 generation 4 navigation discs

5) Used setting ISO+JOLIET+UDF

6) used setting DVD-Rom (booktype)

7) After loading the 10.1 to the computer the only fle that we changed was the operating file by replacing the 10.1 loading.kwi with the 5.1 loading.kwi and we ensured that all files including hidden files were copied

8) After burning all files to the vrbatium disc we verified the disc (we also burned a disc and did not verify)

9) Unhooked the battery from the car in order to wipe the original program.

10) One problem that we ran into was that the laptop would not allow us to specify DVD+R DL but rather force us to select Current Media (which was a DVD+R DL)

11) We attempted to create this disc on six different ways and the closest we got wa a disc that would load but would not allow us into the Destination screen. Most of the discs would not even load.

12) We were successful in making direct copies of both the 5.1 and 10.1 discs

This is were we are at.What are we missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PowerISO is good to use. Take all the info from the 10.1 disk and create folder on hard drive. Then drag loading.kwi to that folder. Save as an .iso. (this may take some time) Burn using ImgBurn @ 1X (ImageBurn will change it to 2.4X)

Below is the iso info -

Final disk info-

126 Files, 2 Folders

7983.5 MB(8,371,332,752 bytes)

LOADING.KWI file properties

Size - 49.8 MB (52,234,240 bytes)

SIze on Disk - 49.8 MB (52,236,288 bytes)

Date - Friday, January 28, 2005, 2:08:00 PM

ImgBurn -

File Sys: ISO9660, Joliet

Sectors: 4,087,419 (MODE1/2048)

Size: 8,371,034,112 bytes

Time: 908:20:69

PowerISO is good to use. Take all the info from the 10.1 disk and create folder on hard drive. Then drag loading.kwi to that folder. Save as an .iso. (this may take some time) Burn using ImgBurn @ 1X (ImageBurn will change it to 2.4X)

Below is the iso info -

Final disk info-

126 Files, 2 Folders

7983.5 MB(8,371,332,752 bytes)

LOADING.KWI file properties

Size - 49.8 MB (52,234,240 bytes)

SIze on Disk - 49.8 MB (52,236,288 bytes)

Date - Friday, January 28, 2005, 2:08:00 PM

ImgBurn -

File Sys: ISO9660, Joliet

Sectors: 4,087,419 (MODE1/2048)

Size: 8,371,034,112 bytes

Time: 908:20:69

not4y2kno - Just a couple of questions:

1) Can we assume that the process that we have been following is correct except that we have been burning at 4x rather than the 1x that you have indicated.

Also is our setting of ISO9660+Joliet+UDF correct or should it just be ISO9660+Joliet.

Basically from what you have indicated it appears that our only real problem has been burn speed. Is that you feeling.

Thanks

Worked for me - I am now running 10.1/5.1 hybrid, baby!

If someone wants a copy of this disc, I'll be happy to make them for a small fee. Drop me a PM.

EDIT

It doesn't work :censored:. The system won't let you enter an address or select a POI. (It does let you select a pre-entered memory point, but that's it).

So.... One must decide, whether they want new maps but no Override ability, or really old maps. I think we'll go with new maps.

Worked for me - I am now running 10.1/5.1 hybrid, baby!

If someone wants a copy of this disc, I'll be happy to make them for a small fee. Drop me a PM.

EDIT

It doesn't work :censored:. The system won't let you enter an address or select a POI. (It does let you select a pre-entered memory point, but that's it).

So.... One must decide, whether they want new maps but no Override ability, or really old maps. I think we'll go with new maps.

I am having exactly the same experience. The disc will load but I loose the location map as soom as I try to go into Destinations.

I have read in Toyotanation comments from others who have had the same results. I am beginning to think that there is something unique about the 10.1 disc.

Do you know if anyone has succeeded in making a generation 4 10.1/9.1 disc?

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem with 11.1/5.1 hybrid disk. I can use points in the memory but not enter the new address or POI - did anyone figure out how to resolve the hybrid issue. I maid $150 for the new disk of 11.1 hoping that I can do hybrid and still keep the over-ride but never can make it to work.

• 1 year later...

I have a 4.2 disc and a 10.1. I tried to make a hybrid, but no luck. I thought I had a link found for a hybrid with a map greater than 4.2, but no luck. Anyone have a link of anything newer than 4.2 WITH the override? thanks

• 6 months later...

I purchased a 13.1 disc off of ebay. Before putting it in, I copied the disc and replaced the loading.kwi file from my original 4.1 disc. I then used ImgBurn at 1x to burn the files to a DVD+R DL disc. I then put the disc back into the GPS. It booted right up. I tried to put in an address, but it didn't work. So I started clicking around on Map Disc button, then going back and selecting things like Memory Points, etc. Finally I was able to select my Zone. Not sure if it was the click or just waiting the 1-2 minutes. After that, new maps with Override still functional.

To thank the community for all their help, I am currently uploading the iso and will post the link when ready.

• 1 month later...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ez4rkJLu_VeXZmeDdVOTJ3U00/view?usp=sharing

This worked for me and kept the override features. As mentioned, it took some button pushing to get the region selection to come up before I could enter an address.

Thanks! I'm downloading it now for our 2005 RX330 (with Gen 4 nav).

Last week or so I obtained a 13.1 ISO file, and i copied the loading.kwi from our original factory DVD (which says 4.1 on the outside but when you check versions via the nav it reports 4.2), and I had pretty much the same problems you described, only picking my zone (which was indeed wrong) didn't seem to help - I still couldn't enter a destination address. Funny, as someone described, creating a new ISO and burning from the ISO file didn't work, I might as well have inserted a coaster. But burning the explicit files (extract ISO to folder minus the new loading.kwi, copy older loading.KWI to same folder, burn all files in that folder to disk using Imgburn) seemed to work much better. Soooo close!

The maps definitely changed (and the nav reports v13.1)- I can see new streets there if I scroll over. And previously remembered entries work, but I never got it to allow me to type the address (and other buttons on that same screen didn't work - POI, etc.)

I'll report back - thanks again!