Bad Ball Joints?

kuziwk

So i know the lower ball joints are bad because i checked them....but now when i make sharp right turns such as in parking lots and what not i hear and feel a clicking and popping noise....seems to be coming from the left side just when making right turns...should i just go ahead and do the lower ball joints? How long can i drive like this as parts take weeks to come in?

Mine does a similar thing but has never failed a safety test, see if the noise goes if you don't apply the brakes when making the turn. Chances are it will and it has something to do with the brake calipers.

When I service my brakes and re-grease the caliper pins the noise goes for a while then comes back a few months later,I think it may be wear in the caliper pins which is taken up when there is fresh grease in there.

The only permanent cure would be new pins but here in the UK they are £10.00 each.

Another possible is a worn wheel bearing with the wheel of the ground do the 9 to 3 and 12 to 6 wobble test to see if there is any play in the bearings,it could of course be the lower ball joints.

It very well could be the wheel bearing because the sound is coming from the left side when make right turns...I know the lower ball joints need to be replaced as well. If it really were the ball joints should i feel the popping from the right side when making right turns? Also i can feel it in the seering wheel. Just out of curiosity, whats the cost of replacing a wheel bearing?