1996 Ls400 Fuel Filler Door Lever

CHF

Hi,

I am hoping this maybe a simple fix. I went to open the fuel filler door and the lever wouldn't work (so I had to use the manual release in the truck). The next day I noticed that my left low-beam light was out. I'm wondering if these maybe related/same fuse or coincidental. Thanks, Chris

Hi,

I am hoping this maybe a simple fix. I went to open the fuel filler door and the lever wouldn't work (so I had to use the manual release in the truck). The next day I noticed that my left low-beam light was out. I'm wondering if these maybe related/same fuse or coincidental. Thanks, Chris

While I do not have schematics for the 96 LS, I sincerely doubt that Lexus uses the same fuse for the fuel door and left low-beam. Both being out is just coincidence. I believe that the trunk release also uses the gas filler release fuse, so if the electric trunk release works, your fuse is good.

Do you hear any clicks at all when you pull the gas door lever in the cabin? Sometimes the rubber bumper pushing on the door gets rotted/damaged and does not exert outward force to open the lid.

Thanks - I think you're right as the fuel filler lever(FFL) worked today but the light is still out. I am wondering if maybe the FFL doesn't work if the car is running or something? I'm in Oregon and, as such, only have full-serve so the guy was waiting for me to open it and I was flustered so maybe that was issue? Nonetheless, it works now (it's a bit warmer today if that's relevant) and I purchased a replacement bulb so that is my next task.

Thanks again, Chris

Hi,

While I do not have schematics for the 96 LS, I sincerely doubt that Lexus uses the same fuse for the fuel door and left low-beam. Both being out is just coincidence. I believe that the trunk release also uses the gas filler release fuse, so if the electric trunk release works, your fuse is good.

Do you hear any clicks at all when you pull the gas door lever in the cabin? Sometimes the rubber bumper pushing on the door gets rotted/damaged and does not exert outward force to open the lid.