2011 Gx460 Rear Camera

LexusUpNorth

Have my new GX460 for a short while. For the most part I am pleased, but one of my largest frustrations is lack of any reference markers when the vehicle in is in reverse. My 2006 QX56 had reference lines that showed the track of the SUV. The BMWs and others even have tracking lines that adjust based on the current steering position. I get a clear picture with the camera, but without reference marks it is hard to backup with confidence. Our house has a tight turnaround area, so this is a real need of mine. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

I have a 10 GX 460. I find the back up sensors "park assist" to be more helpful than the camera. Do you have park assist and is it on?

Thanks for the reply. I do have park assist and find it quite helpful in many traditional situations. My need is more for manuvering around in tight areas. We have a very tight driveway and when my kids are home too many cars for the room we have. The gridline feature that I had on the QX56 worked great.

• 6 months later...

I got the same problem! How to get this lines anyway????

Wats the part number???

I don't think you can order a part to put the lines on your nav screen like BMWs have. I may be wrong but I don't think that there is anyway to do it currently with the current nav system.

you can do the same on lx570! and the part number is 86792-60420 (european versions)

Many of the euro Lexus models offer the lines on them...is that part for replacing the whole parking assist system?

yes of course.

and that is: GX460 COMPUTER, PARKING ASSIST, Part #: 8679260360

I guess I must be slow. How would adding the parking assist add the guidance lines? I have parking assist on my GX and there are no lines on my backup camera. I have looked up the part number that you provided and I don't see anything about guidance lines? Must be missing something...

FWIW I have driven a few BMWs with the guidance lines and I don't think that it is that big of deal.

May be... But all european premium versions have it! the same name, the same part but different number (86792-60420)..

i've asked lexus.sewellparts.com and they gave me this number 86792-60360..

im not sure too but still thinkin to get it..

when ill change it i let you know!

• 1 year later...

I too would love to have reference lines in the backup camera. With the extreme fisheye camera lens, I don't have a good sense of distance. Likely, the fix is a software upgrade. If Acura, GM, Ford etc all have this feature, it's hard to understand why Lexus doesn't.

• 1 year later...

Has there been any software updates or other new information on this subject ??? My wife's 2011 RX350 also has no grid/reference/tracking lines and she has asked me about them many times. If we can find a way to gain this option, it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

Donnie

• 4 months later...