Condensation Problem On Is 07

My car, Lexus IS 350, has a condensation problem inside the headlight housing on both sides. I bought the car approximately a year ago. The problem first occurred to my car about 2 weeks ago. One of the headlights are permanently out. Because of the water, not only the headlight but ballast and the ECU are failed to operate properly. It is a manufacturer defect as even the dealership and the Lexus customer satisfaction center admitted. However, Lexus refused to provide the full service. They offered to provide $1,000 when the total fixing cost will be around $1,500 for one side. I am also aware of the class action that are going on for RX from 2004 - 2009 model. As they are suffering from the same problem, many Lexus owner are having this issue. This is certainly a manufacturer defect but they are refusing to provide the service because my manufacturer warraty has been expired. Now, it is obviously dangerous to drive at night due to their mistake. I strongly feel that it is not the matter of factory warranty, but the business ethics and the responsibility of Lexus. Since the water damaged the ECU, cause the problem that there shouldn't have been, they need provide full service for their customer. I am filing my complaint due to achieve the right as a customer, please take a close look at the issue.

This is what I wrote on the complaint with NHTSA. If anyone has an idea regarding this issue or are suffering from the same problem, let me know.

My 09 IS350 had condensation in one of the fog lights. Which they replaced with no problems for free under warranty. I assume they would have done the same for the headlight but not sure. Sorry to hear of your problems with both headlights with damage.

• 8 months later...

Has the issue of condensation in headlights been resolved by Lexus? My daughter's IS250 has this problem and the dealer is quoting $1600 to replace one headlight assembly.