New Used Purchase Any Advice?

Hello, I am waiting on my White 2006 RX400h to arrive via transport on Friday..is there anything I need to know about these SUV's?? I don't know much about them...any "I need to knows?"

There have been very few issues with the RX400h, so there's not much you need to know. Here's what I know:

The 12V battery typically needs replacement after 5-5.5 years so if yours is original, you should replace it. I bought my battery at Costo (Kirkland battery) for about $60 but I had to install it, myself. The Walmart MAXX is a good battery as well and they will install it for you.

If you don't have some already, get some powdered graphite and squirt some into the ignition key hole. That should prevent an occasional no-turn situation. It happened to us, once but after using the graphite powder, everything is fine.

There was a steering component recall a couple of years ago; see if yours was performed. A free alignment is included.

A couple of folks have had a small inverter gasket coolant leak but this seems to be somewhat rare.

One member had a water leak after 6 days of almost constant rain but it appears this, too is very rare.

For a 5+ year old vehicle those issues are so small in number that I am very impressed with our 2006 RX400h. It averages 25 MPG and is very powerful at the same time.

Oh, and one more thing: Read the manuals thoroughly. They contain lots of information about this very sophisticated vehicle. Most of all, enjoy! :cheers: