Levinson Fm Reception

I get very weak FM reception through my Levinson system in my 2010 LS 460 in Alexandria VA and Washington DC. Never had this problem with my old LS 430. Dealer says nothing can be done about this. Is that so? Anyone else have this problem? Is there a suggested fix?

I get very weak FM reception through my Levinson system in my 2010 LS 460 in Alexandria VA and Washington DC. Never had this problem with my old LS 430. Dealer says nothing can be done about this. Is that so? Anyone else have this problem? Is there a suggested fix?

IMO dealers sincerely try, but know little to nothing about audio problems. I would strongly suggest checking with a local reputable car audio dealer/installer to see if they can shed some light on the subject.

Been thinking. Jim's idea would work if you could drive the loaner to the two cities where you say you have the FM interference. Hopefully the dealer would cooperate since they don't have any other way to help you. It would at least be a viable diagnostic tool.

Second; Is there ANY interference with the AM signal in any other location.For example in a garage, under a bridge. How about the FM signal? ANY signal strength problem under any condition/location? I'm wondering if we can eliminate an antenna connection or wire nick or some problem in the head unit itself where the antennas connects. If the antennas are good, and by that I mean there should be some signal loss on the FM side when you go into a garage, parking ramp, etc., the same with AM, but a strong signal otherwise. One caution, you can have signal problems when your driving among tall buildings. The buildings will block the signal and cause it to fade in and out as you drive down the street.

Other than these things, I do not know what could be the cause of such a peculiar problem.

Paul