Does The Ls460 Have...

...any kind of ambient interior lighting?

I am considering moving from an '08 ES350, which has 4 led's in the roof to subtly illuminate the interior, plus the front footwells are dimly lit as well.

Also, would you consider the LS to be... 1. somewhat quieter

2. substantially quieter

3. about the same

... than the Es?

Thanks so much

...any kind of ambient interior lighting?

I am considering moving from an '08 ES350, which has 4 led's in the roof to subtly illuminate the interior, plus the front footwells are dimly lit as well.

Also, would you consider the LS to be... 1. somewhat quieter

2. substantially quieter

3. about the same

... than the Es?

Thanks so much

I'd say the '08LS is considerable quieter than the E's I've used as loaners during service.

I agree the interior lighting is underwhelming, as is the trunk. What I've done is to stash one of those small 9-LED flashlights in the overhead glasses pocket. I have a thin piece of foam around it to keep it from rattling.

Whit

The LS has all the same ambient lighting as the ES plus illuminated door handle cups, etc. You'll be happy.

In terms of quietness, its definitely quieter than the ES...but its not as huge a difference as it once was. This is my second ES, and I have a lot of experience with the LS because my Dad drove them for many years. I also very nearly bought an '06 or '07 LS instead of my '10 ES. The ES350 is considerably more LS-like than previous generations, and actually this car has me feeling like I really don't need an LS...which is not how I felt about my previous ES...