Car Does Not Start

HI there,

This am tried to start the car, the lights are working and nothing was "dead" from the power issue. However, when I put the key and try to turn the engine on, there is a noise and a red fuel light comes on, the noise is continuous and the car does not start.

Please HELP.

Thanks

D

Hi Jim

No I am not out of gas, the fuel light is actually the oil lamp that lights (red one ). I also did the engine immobilizer check and it is not that which is preventing the start. I did a oil level check and it was also fine in the dipstick. It has been time for an oil change and I do use full synthetic oil.

Thanks

D

just had this same problem last week. All electricals seemed to work well, except when I tried to start the engine it just 'whirred'.

It turned out to be a battery that was just below the voltage required to start the engine.

Probably because the previous night I had spent 2 hours cleaning the interior, whilst listening to the radio, playing with the navigator and had the interior lights on!

:)

• 3 months later...

Same happened to me. At first it sounded like the starter solenoid had gone bye bye, but it was a dead battery afterall.

Also, I have HID headlights and when switched on, only one of the 2 would fire up.

Simon