1995 Ls400 Window Unlock

morales_400

Hey,

I just recently bought this 1995 Lexus LS400 and had a problem with my driver window. When i unlock the car with the remote using only one click it seems all my doors unlock and my driver window goes down on its own. Is this a feature the can be disabled or would it be something more like the wiring?? Can someone help

I have a similar problem. My driver window goes down randomly when I unlock the door with the key. It will sometimes go down when I unlock and open the door from the inside. There does not seem to be a definite set of conditions that cause the window to just go ahead and roll itself down. I asked for help on this some time ago and no one had any suggestions except that I should use the remote to unlock the door. My remote does not work. So now at least I know that since you have a similar problem using the remote, the remote is not the problem.

There doesn't seem to be an easy answer to this but you could have a look inside the door panel after removing the trim for damaged wiring which could be causing a short circuit between the door lock and window systems.

Hey,

I just recently bought this 1995 Lexus LS400 and had a problem with my driver window. When i unlock the car with the remote using only one click it seems all my doors unlock and my driver window goes down on its own. Is this a feature the can be disabled or would it be something more like the wiring?? Can someone help

On the brighter side, at least now you know why it was for sale at such a good price. :whistles:

Sounds like your fob button may be sticking down after pressing, possibly contact bounce. Try taking it apart and cleaning or try another fob.