Lexus No 1 Sales 2010

pj8708

Toyota and Lexus were number 1# in sales for 2010 with Camry best selling car and Lexus best selling Luxury brand, with the GX numbers way up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/05/despite-tough-year-toyota-finishes-2010-with-best-selling-car/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Autoblog%29

Sorry about the length of this link.

Paul

Toyota and Lexus were number 1# in sales for 2010 with Camry best selling car and Lexus best selling Luxury brand, with the GX numbers way up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/05/despite-tough-year-toyota-finishes-2010-with-best-selling-car/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Autoblog%29

Paul

That's because the GX is BAD AS@! Paul... :rolleyes: I wonder if with the increase in gas prices if that will start slowing down the larger suv sales again? I know if gas wasn't a business expense that I pay for out of my company I would not be thrilled with the mpg's I have been getting. 15.5 the past few times was avg about 17.8 earlier...summer...and now I have been putting my foot in her a little too. That v8 sounds good! :lol: :D

Paul

That's because the GX is BAD AS@! Paul... :rolleyes: I wonder if with the increase in gas prices if that will start slowing down the larger suv sales again? I know if gas wasn't a business expense that I pay for out of my company I would not be thrilled with the mpg's I have been getting. 15.5 the past few times was avg about 17.8 earlier...summer...and now I have been putting my foot in her a little too. That v8 sounds good! :lol: :D

....But you've got to put your foot in the carburetor once in a while or what's the purpose of the vehicle?

Our gas is up 15 - 20 cents in just three days, now at $3.00 for 89 octane. Thats always our cheapest grade of gas in Iowa. The GX is a surprise to me too, given the last 15 months capital market, I'm surprised they moved so many of them. Yet, the Dow was over 11,600 today, I think, so things ARE looking up. It just amazes me how a luxury line can do so well when so many been hurt so badly by the economy.

Paul

The issue is what they are selling them for. I'd like to see their profits compared to a few years ago. Based on our experiences they are selling cars, but with razor thin profit per unit and subsidized leases and interest rates...

The issue is what they are selling them for. I'd like to see their profits compared to a few years ago. Based on our experiences they are selling cars, but with razor thin profit per unit and subsidized leases and interest rates...

Your right about that. With 1.9%, which is what I financed mine for, plus the $1000. certificate, plus 10% off msrp, plus trade, it does slim down things a bit. I don't know how much cash Toyota has on hand to finance these promotions and I wonder how much they allocate to the Lexus division. At some point the bill does come due. Not to mention all the payouts for the acceleration complaints.

Your right about that. With 1.9%, which is what I financed mine for, plus the $1000. certificate, plus 10% off msrp, plus trade, it does slim down things a bit. I don't know how much cash Toyota has on hand to finance these promotions and I wonder how much they allocate to the Lexus division. At some point the bill does come due. Not to mention all the payouts for the acceleration complaints.

HA! 1.9% on a GX... :cries: No way...at least when I bought mine...the best...BEST you could get tier 1 credit was around 4%. The finance specials they run on the ES's, IS,s RX's do not apply to GX, LS, or LS... I had financed my X5 when I bought it at .9%...

HA! 1.9% on a GX... :cries: No way...at least when I bought mine...the best...BEST you could get tier 1 credit was around 4%. The finance specials they run on the ES's, IS,s RX's do not apply to GX, LS, or LS... I had financed my X5 when I bought it at .9%...

Let's face it.... you just have way to frickin' much money!! ..LOL We poor folk get all the breaks.

Paul