Cracking Noises

So I just bought an 07 Lexus IS 350 and as I'm driving I'm hearing a cracking noise in my center dash. It's completely at random, car on or off, heater on or off, sometimes it's a split second and sometimes its a good 2-3 seconds. I've asked everyone I know, I've even taken it to the dealership and they claimed they only heard it one time, but that they do not know what it is or where it's coming from so why bother fixing it since they don't know where to start. I am completely at a loss here. It is the most strangest thing I've ever gone through with a car, and no one knows what to do about it. I thought maybe it was a new windshield, and that's not the case either. Has anyone ever heard of such a problem before?

Yes my 09 IS350 does this sometimes. Seems to be from the center dash where the speaker is. Comes and goes. Random. I won't mention it to the dealer as I probably won't get any help. I guess any car is going to have some creaks and rattles over time.

I had the same issue with my 2007 IS250 AWD. Mine also had a rattle. When I took it to the dealer they said they saw some insulation or padding was loose on the front dash. Since I just recently bought the car, the dealer said they would do what they could to repair it. They removed and re-insulated the whole front dash. The rattleing is gone but I still do hear a cracking sound once in awhile. it is much quieter and happens less often now though. The front dash re-insulation took 8 hours... at 105 dollars an hour... but i didn't have to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just bought an 07 Lexus IS 350 and as I'm driving I'm hearing a cracking noise in my center dash. It's completely at random, car on or off, heater on or off, sometimes it's a split second and sometimes its a good 2-3 seconds. I've asked everyone I know, I've even taken it to the dealership and they claimed they only heard it one time, but that they do not know what it is or where it's coming from so why bother fixing it since they don't know where to start. I am completely at a loss here. It is the most strangest thing I've ever gone through with a car, and no one knows what to do about it. I thought maybe it was a new windshield, and that's not the case either. Has anyone ever heard of such a problem before?

hey i am in Canada Montreal and had the same problem on my IS 250 2008 i went to dealer and explain the problem and they told me it was very a problem with insulation so they did the repair under warranty.