Steering Wheel Vibration

antvic

I have a 01 LS 430 that I purchased 3 months ago. One owner car that has been a dream

vehicle so far. I notice a slight rattle or vibration in the steering column when I hit

bumps. It almost feels like the whole column might be a little loose. Is this a common occurence?

Suggestions?

I have a 01 LS 430 that I purchased 3 months ago. One owner car that has been a dream

vehicle so far. I notice a slight rattle or vibration in the steering column when I hit

bumps. It almost feels like the whole column might be a little loose. Is this a common occurence?

Suggestions?

I too have a 2001 LS430 and had a similar problem with excessive vibration though the steering wheel and front end making excessive noises going over the slightest of bumps in the road. I took it to a local shop and they put it in their front end rack to try to find the problem. They could not and suggested taking it to the Lexu$ dealership to try find the problem.

When I got home, I pushed down on the fender on the drivers side where I thought the problem was and nothing. Then I pushed down on the passenger side and the noise came from the drivers side. I then had someone push up and down on the passenger side and I could feel movement on the "Sway bar link" that coincided with the noise. The bushing in the link was worn. I went to a local auto parts store and picked up both for the front ($45.00 ea) and replaced them in about 15 minutes a side. (very easy job) Bingo! Problem solved. No more movement in the steering and no more popcorn popping sound with every bump. Hope this helps.

JZ

• 2 months later...