Iphone And Mark Levinson Sound System

I have an 07 GS350

My iPhone has a great deal of music that I would like to play through the car stereo system if I choose to do so. How do I do that?

What is the best solution for sound quality?

What will I need?

Does it need to be dealer installed?

Many thanks for your efforts.

I went the easy way. Old school tape player, right out of the stereo jack of your iPod. I also wanted to get an iPod hook up but found it diffcult to obtain that info. Works great but doesn't look the best. But hey 15.00 to listen to all of my music or 200 to 400. Hope this helps. Hopefully someone will post that has an iPod hook up.

What does you car have for audio inputs?

USB or AUX?

Your best bet would probably be to use the highest quality method iTunes offers to save your audio files. Might result in a larger file, so fewer on your phone.

Perhaps some one more knowledgeable than me would know.

My newer auto has both USB and AUX so I can use either/or with my iPhone. In addition to Bluetooth. However, I don't have Mark Levinson.

I'm also driving an '07 GS 350 and using the "Sky Dock" from XM to get both satellite radio and iTunes.

Pros - I have XM / Sirius, iTunes and the Bluetooth phone works / sync's just fine.

Cons - I have a wire hidden / running to my trunk and a magnet antenna.

You shouldn't need to buy an XM account to get iTunes to work so you could buy a new or used Sky Dock and be in business.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

You can also try a wireless FM transmitter, mine works great and no wires. Go to ebay or amazon and type in iphone fm transmitter. Also works well on home audio receiver. Radio type quality, good enough for me. I think I paid $3 dollars for it, sweet solution.

In addition to the options currently mentioned, you can add a plug n play kit from VAIStech that will tie into the audio system and allow the audio controls (including steering wheel ones) to change tracks and playlists as well as show the metadata for artist/song/album on the display. I went this route with my GS430 and it's been flawless. I have the SL2i-UP and it sounds very good. They have some newer and more expensive offerings that provide even better integration and sound quality. Any audio shop can install them in under an hour, but if you're comfortable with simple tools, you can save the money and DIY with guides on the internet.