Found Out: I Have A 2006 Lexus Gs300 With The 2005 Model Transmissio

I was at the Lexus dealership recently and I inquired as to a reccomendation on a transmission flush, or just a drain and fill...

I was advised that a flush is necessary because the 06 GS300 that I own is equipped with the transmission used in the 2005 models.

Has anyone ever heard of this???

Would you reccomend a transmission flush or a drain and fill??? It was last flushed 30 thousand miles ago.

Any info is appreciated!

Happy New Year!

I was at the Lexus dealership recently and I inquired as to a reccomendation on a transmission flush, or just a drain and fill...

I was told that I have a 2006 Lexus GS300 with the 2005 transmission...

Has anyone ever heard of this???

Would you reccomend a transmission flush or a drain and fill on the 05 transmission??? It was last flushed 30 thousand miles ago.

Any info is appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Never. I was advised that it wasbuilt during the "transition phase." I just wanna know if this is common or if anyone has ever heard of this?

If so please advise as to if I should get a Transmission FLUSH or just a Transmission DRAIN & FILL? If it was the 06 Transmission I was just gonna get a drain and fill because I understand they are "sealed."

Are the 05 transmissions "sealed" as well?

Never. I was advised that it wasbuilt during the "transition phase." I just wanna know if this is common or if anyone has ever heard of this?

If so please advise as to if I should get a Transmission FLUSH or just a Transmission DRAIN & FILL? If it was the 06 Transmission I was just gonna get a drain and fill because I understand they are "sealed."

Are the 05 transmissions "sealed" as well?

The 2005 tranny is not sealed, There is a drain plug (14mm) About 2 litres drain out, Then fill through the tranny dipstick tube, I would not flush, Just drain and fill.

Thanks dcish....Im gonna take your advise! Thanks! So a drain and fill is good to go...Thanks for the heads up. Can I ask, any specific reason why you suggest the D&F over the Flush? I wanna say thanks for all the help...you own this forum with all the knowledgable info you give.

Thanks dcish....Im gonna take your advise! Thanks! So a drain and fill is good to go...Thanks for the heads up. Can I ask, any specific reason why you suggest the D&F over the Flush? I wanna say thanks for all the help...you own this forum with all the knowledgable info you give.

The only way I would ever flush my tranny is if I had it flushed from new at regular intervals. Flushing can kick loose any debris built up and damage or prevent the tranny from performing properly. Heck, I drain and fill my tranny once a year. Excessive ? Yes, But while I am under the car changing oil, It;s easy and is a great piece of mind. Don't forget to replace the crush washer on the drain plug.

I have merged your two thread because the two running simultaneously will get confusing.

Before you pull the plug and do a drain, make sure you have a way to fill. Look under the hood, if you do not have a tranny fluid dipstick then you have a 2006 tranny and no intermediate service is necessary. If you do not have a fluid dipstick, DO NOT drain as you will have no way to fill properly.

I have never heard of a "transition transmission". This would be foolish on may service points.

Look under the hood.

steviej