Rx 450H Presale

I am seriously considering the purchase of a RX 450H for my wife. I have searched this site and am still seeking a few answers before I march over to the Dealer.

-First of all, does anyone regret the purchase of a 450 over a 350? It will take a long while to realize a fuel cost savings (though I know there are other benefits ;)

-Did anyone elect not to get the Navigation System Package and regret it? I have heard so many negative things about RX navigation systems that I think I'll keep my Garmin.

-Did anyone elect not to get the Luxury Package and regret it? I suspect that the 19" wheels will enhance handling, but their tires are probably expensive to replace. I really don't see what an additional $2k gets you.

-I'm seeing 2011 RX 450H's selling for $41K before options in Southern California. Did anyone get a better deal?

I would appreciate anyone's personal experiences. Thank you.

Lars

<<EDIT>> Well, it all seems to be a mute point because all the Dealers ordered the Hybrids with all packages. You can only get one without a package if you special order it. Now, they are pushing "end of year reductions". Don't know if that is hype or not. Having worked as a car salesman 25 years ago, I know that salesmen will work every angle.

Edited by lkstaack

While I don't have a 450h, I can offer my opinion of the NAV on a 400h. In short, I find it to be better than any of the Garmin NAV units I own or have used. And having the unit built-in is a major convenience. Bluetooth works well and some of the settings options are appreciated.

Our 400h came loaded with everything but the DVD entertainment package and I have never regretted having those add-ons. I feel the same way about all the options that came with my Corvette, like heads-up display, 12 CD changer, 12-way adjustable seats, etc, etc. Over the span of ownership years, the cost amounts to very little per year and at my age, I feel that I deserve to have them.

Dave

I am seriously considering the purchase of a RX 450H for my wife. I have searched this site and am still seeking a few answers before I march over to the Dealer.

-First of all, does anyone regret the purchase of a 450 over a 350? It will take a long while to realize a fuel cost savings (though I know there are other benefits ;)

-Did anyone elect not to get the Navigation System Package and regret it? I have heard so many negative things about RX navigation systems that I think I'll keep my Garmin.

-Did anyone elect not to get the Luxury Package and regret it? I suspect that the 19" wheels will enhance handling, but their tires are probably expensive to replace. I really don't see what an additional $2k gets you.

-I'm seeing 2011 RX 450H's selling for $41K before options in Southern California. Did anyone get a better deal?

I would appreciate anyone's personal experiences. Thank you.

Lars

<<EDIT>> Well, it all seems to be a mute point because all the Dealers ordered the Hybrids with all packages. You can only get one without a package if you special order it. Now, they are pushing "end of year reductions". Don't know if that is hype or not. Having worked as a car salesman 25 years ago, I know that salesmen will work every angle.

First, you can't make up for the hybrid at these gas prices, unless you hold onto the car for a long time. Google it. If you can't find anything I see what I can find. I researched it before purchasing the 450h. My best average mileage has been 29 mpg after 23,000 miles.

Like the navigation. Voice control is weak, but navigation is fine. Some folks think it picks poor routes. I use eDestination and Enform quite a bit for destinations.

19" wheels - have'em nothing to compare to. Sorry.

Don't live in SoCal, sorry no price comparison.

Love the 450h, trouble free so far got it with AWD for snow.

By the way, with the $2000 federal tax credit we received, our RX400h is now providing "payback" after just 5 years of ownership. The high gas prices have certainly been a factor and word is that they will be reaching $4.00/gallon by Summer. Our relatives, friends and aquaintences who purchase non-hybrid RXs are averaging more than 8 MPG less than we are.