Aftermarket Bluetooth For 2001 Lx470

mphubbar

I would like to install a Parrot bluetooth system into my LX470 and I was curious if anyone had experience with Parrot (is it a good system?) and if it was something I could install myself or would need to have done. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Depending on which Parrot, you might be able to use an interface harness from http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

Blake918 installed a Parrot Mki9100 into the 99 LS he used to have: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55709&st=0&p=358587&hl=parrot&fromsearch=1entry358587

A common complaint about Parrot kits is that the cables are a bit short. It can take careful planning to get the components positioned where you want.

Whether or not you want to install it yourself depends on if you are willing to do a little interior disassembly and which Parrot you purchase. An interface harness can immensely simplify an installation. Otherwise you will be searching for how to connect the Parrot kit to power (usually both constant and switched), ground, radio mute and speaker. If it is a Parrot that can connect to an iPod/iPhone, MP3, etc. to play music, that might take more effort.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on installing the Parrot MKi9200. Also my biggest problem is accessing the head unit in the Lexus I have the nav screen and I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone have instructions or pictures of how to get at that? I've installed similar systems in Audi and VW so I feel comfortable with that part I just am not sure where to start in terms of accessing things in my LX.

Your Audi and VW probably had ISO connectors so a Parrot install into them would have been easier than installing into a non-ISO Lexus.

This page from my favorite bracket company mentions removing the bezel surrounding the radio: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/TY-74-98.pdf

After you remove the bezel I suspect you will find that the headunit/HVAC control assembly is held in place by four 10 mm bolts (2 top, 2 bottom) like in most vehicles made by Toyota. If you've done this kind of stuff before, you probably know to cover the console with a towel or something to prevent damage when you pull the headunit/HVAC control assembly out of the center stack.

IMO, the Quick Connect harness is the only way to go. You are soooo lucky one is available for your vehicle. You might want to read the instructions (hope there are some) that come with the harness before you start disassembling things.

post-2157-0-65921800-1293821223_thumb.jp