2000 Lexus Gs300 Vsc Light Indicator

SC_Geek

I just bought a 2000 Lexus GS300. It has the VSC(Off) light on and it beeps once every 10-15 secs. The seller I bought it from said, it is due to the alignment. The car pulls to the left abruptly when take the hands off the stering, i noticed the wear of the front tires from the inside which is an indication of alignment. In addition, is there anything else that can cause the VSC lights to come one. Any expert advice will greatly appreciated. Once in a while the Brake light comes one as well. I am thinking it may be related to the braking system. Where do I start?

Many issues can cause the VSC light to come on. Take your car to a shop that can see if there are stored problem codes.

A brake warning light can come on for something as simple as low brake fluid which, if that is the case, might be a sign of extremely worn brake pads. Brake fluid can slosh around in the reservoir causing the float/switch to light up a brake warning light. Or a brake warning light could be caused by the parking brake not fully disengaging. There are lots of possibilities.

Get your car in for an alignment ASAP! Lexus cars usually don't require alignments very often but there is no use putting it off if you need it. I had my 00 LS aligned only yesterday at 132,000 miles ... the previous alignment was at 86,700 miles.