Phone Integration Problem

larrymcj

When I purchased my 2011 RX350 a couple of weeks ago the sales manager told me my Android HTC Incredible phone would integrate perfectly. He was correct...for the first week. Then I started having problems where the phone would be paired, but the Enform system couldn't see my contacts. I could dial by number with the car or use the phone to dial and it worked, but dialing by contact name stopped working. If I stop the engine and restart it, often the Enform system would then see my contacts again and I could use voice recognition to dial, but when it's not working, which is most of the time, trying to dial by contact name simply won't work. Also, when it's not working the contacts show up, but are grayed out and when it is working, the contacts display fine. I tried using several other phones but get the same problem...it's the car...not the phone. Any clues? No one at my Lexus dealership has a clue about the phone integration, which is very disappointing after just spending $50k on a new car.

From your description that's the way the system works when you are driving-the only function that works is speed dials when the car is moving. If it does it when stopped then your equipment is likely defective. You don't say but assume you have Nav.

From your description that's the way the system works when you are driving-the only function that works is speed dials when the car is moving. If it does it when stopped then your equipment is likely defective. You don't say but assume you have Nav.

No...when it works, it works also when moving, by just pressing the voice recognition button on the steering wheel and saying "Phone" and then "Dial John Doe mobile". And also when it's not working it can be stopped. The system should work when moving or stopped...already verified this with Lexus. I'm going to try deleting the phone completely and adding it again...perhaps that will help. If not, I'll try adding the phone to one of the other three positions (you can have up to four phones) and see if that works.

No...when it works, it works also when moving, by just pressing the voice recognition button on the steering wheel and saying "Phone" and then "Dial John Doe mobile". And also when it's not working it can be stopped. The system should work when moving or stopped...already verified this with Lexus. I'm going to try deleting the phone completely and adding it again...perhaps that will help. If not, I'll try adding the phone to one of the other three positions (you can have up to four phones) and see if that works.

I have the HTC Droid Incredible and it works very well in my 2010 RX350 built in July 2010. Maybe Lexus messed up the software for 2011. That's what happened with the IPOD gen5 nano...it worked in early model 2010's but doesn't work in my vehicle and they can't install the older version of software.