Antenna Rises Partially

Spiky

First post. Just acquired an RX300. Did a search, most topics just discuss how to replace the antenna.

My antenna only goes up about a foot, or one section of the mast. Not even to the top of the vehicle. I'm assuming that's not normal. Radio reception is actually fine, it's not an issue from that standpoint. It does retract all the way. Do you think I should mess with it? Are there any "lesser" reasons this might occur? (lesser than mast replacement) It does not keep running the antenna motor, just stops as if this was normal.

Thanks.

That is wierd, it usually makes some noises if it doesn't extend or retract all the way. If it don't make any noise and radio working fine than I wouldn't touch it at all.

But if you decide to get it replaced you can buy them online. I just replaced mine a month ago and it's not that easy...

Good luck..

That is wierd, it usually makes some noises if it doesn't extend or retract all the way. If it don't make any noise and radio working fine than I wouldn't touch it at all.

But if you decide to get it replaced you can buy them online. I just replaced mine a month ago and it's not that easy...

Good luck..

Yeah, my GMC van would just keep running the antenna motor for several seconds, even if it couldn't move the mast due to damage or ice. Maybe I'm just missing the noise somehow.

Thanks for the comments.