Cabin Illumination 1994 Ls400

Mr. Freegard

Alright, I understanf the need to replace capacitors for failed instrument cluster and fuel gage. My cabin lighting is also inoperatiive with doors open. Will someone please delineate the troubleshooting procedure for this ailment and the remedy more often than not? Thanx! Please tell me which lights I should expect to see illuminate when working properly.

For the cabin lighting first check the door light switches: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/electrical/fcourtesy.html

Some people have had success lubing them rather than replacing them. The little switch "pistons" (my term) behind the rubber covers can get sort of bound up and off center and don't spring out like they should to contact the door.

Mine does that, especially when cold. Squirt some WD-40 in there and work them a little then they will work for awhile. Be aware that if you count of headlights going off automatically, they won't sometimes with this issue.