Remote Key Not Fully Working

Roomi

I have an LS 430 2001 model that I purchase new in 2001. The battery in the remote is new. When I press the lock or unlock button only the driver's door functions, three other doors don't lock unlock with remote. Even the trunk doesn't work with remote. Where is the problem? in the remote control key or in the car? Where exactly in the car? could somebody help?

I have an LS 430 2001 model that I purchase new in 2001. The battery in the remote is new. When I press the lock or unlock button only the driver's door functions, three other doors don't lock unlock with remote. Even the trunk doesn't work with remote. Where is the problem? in the remote control key or in the car? Where exactly in the car? could somebody help?

Do all doors lock/unlock if you press the drivers door lock button on the inside door panel?

Do you have another key fob you can try?

You do know that you have to press the key fob button in rather rapid succession 2x to get the other 3 doors to unlock?

Finally, on the trunk remote, sometimes you have to really make sure the trunk button is pressed down and held for several seconds. A quick press will not do the trick.

And finally (the real final, I promise), Merry Christmas and Welcome! :cheers:

All the doors should lock with one press of the lock button. Two quick unlocks for all 4 doors (sometimes more, I press it 4 or more times, no wonder mine doesn't want to work now) and the trunk you have to hold the button down until it pops open, takes a few seconds assuming that it isn't locked.

Is there a difference between a master and a secondary remote for that car model? I would look up the key options and make sure that you have a master key. You will need a real master and best to make sure you have one before something dumb happens (been there too).

All the doors should lock with one press of the lock button. Two quick unlocks for all 4 doors (sometimes more, I press it 4 or more times, no wonder mine doesn't want to work now) and the trunk you have to hold the button down until it pops open, takes a few seconds assuming that it isn't locked.

Is there a difference between a master and a secondary remote for that car model? I would look up the key options and make sure that you have a master key. You will need a real master and best to make sure you have one before something dumb happens (been there too).

I have a similar situation: on my 98 MKIV the battery in one of the 2 master keys, died. I replaced and now it only locks the doors and starts the engine (full functions before the battery change). The 2nd master key works fine, full functions but its casing is dying and the battery was replaced at the same time as the 1st key (last year). I'd be grateful for any suggestions and/or thoughts. Thank you.