Is300 A/c Temperature Problems

mooingchicken

So im having a little problem, My a/c works fine with hot and cold, but there is really no in between. if the temperature is set to 16 or 16.5 degrees (the lowest two settings) it blows really cold, but as soon as it goes to 17+ degrees it changes over straight to hot air.

This all started when the standard stereo was replaced with a 2 din dvd/nav system. So i think in the process the thermostat was either unplugged by accident or broken/damaged. The battery was also disconnected so maybe there is a temperature setpoint stored on the computer which might need to be adjusted?

I have pulled the glove box out to look at the fan and see if i could see anything disconnected, everything looks connected and fine, there are 2 black boxes mounted against the drive train tunnel, which appear to be the attenuators for the temp and the vent selection, both seem to be working fine, but the temperature one switched from fully open to fully closed as soon as u switch from 16.5 degrees to 17, which im not sure if this is normal or not.

also if anyone knows where the temperature sensor is located that would be alot of help also

I have dis-connected my Battery without any A/C problems, so i doubt its that.

I think you are correct that something got unplugged or a ground cut or disconnected.

Sorry i don't know where the temp sensor is, i suggest you download the Factory service manual (FSM)and look for it.

I have dis-connected my Battery without any A/C problems, so i doubt its that.

I think you are correct that something got unplugged or a ground cut or disconnected.

Sorry i don't know where the temp sensor is, i suggest you download the Factory service manual (FSM)and look for it.

OK found it !!!

IS300Tempcontrol.jpg

• 2 years later...

I have a somewhat similar problem. If I set the cabin temp to 76F (24.4C), the register blows 40F. In order to get the temp to be comfortable i have set it for 80 or 82, and then it starts warming up to normal. then after a while I can set it to 76. I Ordered a solar sensor, which is being replaced tomorrow.

Hope that Fixes it.