Need Some Help With (New To Me) Ls 430

JCtheWizard

I just bought a 2003 LS 430

I want to buy the latest DVD version for generation 3 navigation hardware. I also need to confirm how to install this DVD.

I found the NAV DVD unit in the trunk – but I did not find a way to eject the existing DVD (sliding the door open-close switch did not release the existing DVD). Please tell me what is involved in the procedure – perhaps there is a link to info or an exploded view?

Also for this car I am looking for an exterior mirror bezel for the passenger side – does anyone know the part number and/or where I can get one?

Also for this car I would like to get the electrical schematic – specifically I want to hard wire a Jammer / Radar Detector into the overhead light panel assembly.

And lastly I would like to get a service / maintenance guide manual.

Thanks for your help!

I just bought a 2003 LS 430

I want to buy the latest DVD version for generation 3 navigation hardware. I also need to confirm how to install this DVD.

I found the NAV DVD unit in the trunk – but I did not find a way to eject the existing DVD (sliding the door open-close switch did not release the existing DVD). Please tell me what is involved in the procedure – perhaps there is a link to info or an exploded view?

Also for this car I am looking for an exterior mirror bezel for the passenger side – does anyone know the part number and/or where I can get one?

Also for this car I would like to get the electrical schematic – specifically I want to hard wire a Jammer / Radar Detector into the overhead light panel assembly.

And lastly I would like to get a service / maintenance guide manual.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to LOC!

I don't have your answers, and it will be a slow few days on the forum. My suggestion is to do a search for a lot of your issues as many are common request. Manuals, schematics and such are usually available on-line for a fee. Also, re; the radar detector. A while back someone posted information about mounting head in front grill. Just FYI.

Paul

Welcome to the Club. Merry Christmas! This should help with the Nav upgrade and instructions. You can get the service manual there too or eBay.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/Service/LS430-2003/2632.html

Hi Lexir,

In late January we will be leaving for a few weeks and wondering about putting a trickle charger on the battery while we're gone. I looked at Sewell and they offer one for about $67. In your opinion is that a reasonable price and do I need it?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Paul,

Any longer than a month I would put a trickle on it, but just a few weeks you should be fine.

Hey Army,

Thanks for the heads up. I will follow the advice.

Happy New Year,

Paul

Paul... I would put a trickle charger on it. You may want to check on eBay... I bought a Harley Davidson Smart Charger for about $40.00. I keep my Deuce on it year round.

Sorry for the late reply. Doing the Christmas thing! Merry Christmas...

Paul,

Any longer than a month I would put a trickle on it, but just a few weeks you should be fine.

Hey Army,

Thanks for the heads up. I will follow the advice.

Happy New Year,

Paul

Paul... I would put a trickle charger on it. You may want to check on eBay... I bought a Harley Davidson Smart Charger for about $40.00. I keep my Deuce on it year round.

Sorry for the late reply. Doing the Christmas thing! Merry Christmas...

Hi my friend,

No problem, I was surprised to hear from you or anyone today since all of us were making Merry. We had a wonderful time with family and an even better time with great food!

Is there a difference in the amount of voltage and/or amperage put out by various trickle chargers, or are they mostly all the same. Also, will any brand be suitable or should I go to an auto parts store and not a Walmart.

Thanks very much for your help and patience.

Paul

Paul glad to hear you had a "merry" Christmas. Mine was great but busy got two little ones so my house looks like toys r us...seriously it could be!

Ok...most are the same but what you want to find is a smart charger, think I would check at pep boys or advanced auto parts just make sure it is a trickle charger or battery tender not just a battery charger and you should be fine. Now if you want the L emblem for Lexus on your battery charger you may not get it but??? Like I said I have a Harley Davidson..."smart" charger can be used on the car, bike, grass cutter, ME! I wish!

Good Luck...we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow Sun and Mon...going to have some fun in the GX!

Do you think this is a good idea. It was posted some time ago and I had forgotten about it until now.

Paul

D A M N. Old AGE sucks got CRS huh. Can't remember *BLEEP*. You just posted it a day ago.

I am just busting your @&$$@. :) :) :cheers:

Do you think this is a good idea. It was posted some time ago and I had forgotten about it until now.

Paul

D A M N. Old AGE sucks got CRS huh. Can't remember *BLEEP*. You just posted it a day ago.

I am just busting your @&$$@. :) :) :cheers:

WELL.....just one little problem. In addition to CRS, I also suffer from congentital STUPID! I forgot to post the link along with the above. I am very sorry. Geeeez......

Forgive,

Paul

http://www.prioritystart.com/ps_pro.html

WELL.....just one little problem. In addition to CRS, I also suffer from congentital STUPID! I forgot to post the link along with the above. I am very sorry. Geeeez......

Forgive,

Paul

http://www.prioritystart.com/ps_pro.html

:) lol

That is a smart tender. That would work fine.

:cheers: