Help Understanding Replacement Bulbs!

skyview

Greetings,

I want to replace ALL of my front end lights with newer brighter Xenon bulbs. This includes installing clear lenses for turning and side markers. I would like to use the parking lights as daytime running lights if possible. Can some list the replacement parts for each bulb? Example:

Head Light Hi Beam - Sylvania Silverstar 9005ST

- MTEC ???

Head Light Lo Beam - Sylvania Silverstar 9006ST

Fog Lights - Sylvania Silverstar 9000ST

Parking Light - (cool blues)

Turn signals -

Side Markers - (cool blues)

Thanks ....

on my car, a mechanic replaced a tail light once, used the wrong bulb/wattage which later fried the computer chip that runs the lights. the wattage was too high. anyhow, just be sure whatever you use is compatible to avoid similar problems.

its really hard to put a different bulb inthere

7443 bulb for stop signals as well as 7440 bulb have a very specific connector type so i dont really know how it is possible to put smth else there:) i use led bulbs and computer thinks that there is no bulb there and gives me that light on the dash but i just ignore it since i know that everything is ok back there since led lighs will last forever

VMF -- you would think so, but that's what they said! someone managed to put in the wrong bulb. they replaced the computer chip for free, and prolly wouldn't have done that unless they felt they'd created the problem with the wrong bulb. good to know it's 'difficult' as i've been paranoid every time a bulb goes out since that event. :-)O

skyview what bulb exaclty r u talking about?

headlight bulbs are H4 while stop light buls are 7443

you can find this info in any strauss or autozone in that book that they have it the bulb section , i didnt c any info on the bulbs int the users manual

so do a lot of people do this? replace bulbs? never thought of it but the xenon will look cool. how much do you think you're overall cost will be on this, skyview. tx.

VMF ... For starters, I would like to purchase a set of MTEC hi/lo/fog bulbs from ebay. Not sure which to buy. Are these 3 separate pairs of bulbs or are the hi/lo one pair of bulbs?

Ebay has the following listings for $34.95 a set that includes hi/lo/fog combo. Are they any good?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459707725&category=36476

for the beams you have to get h4 MTEC bulbs, i'm not sure about fog lights since i left the original bulbs in. MTEC set will not cost you more then 20$ i would not recommend changing fog lights since they might be vital sometimes:)