'05 Es330 Shock Absorber Replacement (Avs)

Eagle7

Hello,

I have an 2005 ES330 Lexus (Fully Loaded), starting from yesterday, i've heard some kind of noise which sounds like my shock absorber from the front left hand side is damaged. Can you guys tell me where can i get the shock absorber online? (Except for the dealership). Is it a regular shock absorber or its a special one?

Thank You.

You need to be very sure its the strut (no shocks...struts). It probably is not, more likely its a ball joint, control arm or a strut mount or something like that.

My '03 has 155,000 miles on the original struts. The lower control arms and ball joints were replaced about 15,000 miles ago.

The AVS struts are like $500 each from the dealer, might be able to get them online for $400 or so...I doubt thats the issue though.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to be very sure its the strut (no shocks...struts). It probably is not, more likely its a ball joint, control arm or a strut mount or something like that.

My '03 has 155,000 miles on the original struts. The lower control arms and ball joints were replaced about 15,000 miles ago.

The AVS struts are like $500 each from the dealer, might be able to get them online for $400 or so...I doubt thats the issue though.

Thanks for your help but can you point a website where i can get the avs shocks if that will be the problem?