2005 Gs - Can We Speculate On The Prices?

I think its way too early to be able to say with any certaintly what the car is going to go for (the new GS is a 06 model not an 05). I think we'll see pricing like it is now, with the GS330 starting out right where the ES330 leaves off right under $40,000 and with a fully loaded GS430 (500?) topping out right underneath a base LS430 in the low $50,000s. A lot of it depends on the way the equipment is being fed. It looks like the GS330 is going to get an AWD option to better compete against the new AWD offerings from BMW in the 535, Mercedes in the E320, and the Audi A6. I'd expect that to be mid-upper 40s.

Lexus is usually pretty good at holding the price line and undercutting the competition. If they hold the pricing then they'll beat everyone but the Audi (which should be redesigned soon so its something to look for). An AWD 6 cyl 5 or E runs 50k, and loaded V8 versions of both of those get close to 70k...

That one is not my car! (at least i'm honest;) That is just one of my many black favorites. He does have a '98 gs, right when it came out, which we adore, it is fast, but begining to show signs of age. Thanks for the input. My father hopes to get the new ('06- thanks) Gs, after both of us changed our minds from being not too impressed! That reaction seems normal!

Another topic - who thinks it looks too much like an E class? Don't be too hard; imagine if it was your job to design the appearance of a car given it's previous look, future of the brand, attracting a buyer who wants sporty, luxurious, futuristic 40-50 grand car, yet be attractive, distinct, and carry an appropriate look ..............................that was against the competition.

I think the lines are quite apparently similar to the E class, but not the whole look altogether ; the first of the new look. The front and back are really distinct and this is why it won't be mistaken for anything else. This is a good thing.