Forth Wipe Of Front Wiper

HI

I just want to know if it is possible to cancell the forth wipe by programming the car.

When you use the windshild washer in winter it does 3 wipes, and a few seconds later it does a forth wipe that dirty the windshild again.

I wonder if anyone had notice that...

SC

Or fourth.....I was way confused reading the title. I thought you were referring to the kick-out the wipers do to avoid the triangle tradition wipers leave....'the wipers coming forth'

HI

I just want to know if it is possible to cancell the forth wipe by programming the car.

When you use the windshild washer in winter it does 3 wipes, and a few seconds later it does a forth wipe that dirty the windshild again.

I wonder if anyone had notice that...

SC

I don't see canceling the delayed wipe as a customizable feature in the U.S. 2007 RX400h owners manual: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/download-owners-manual.do?docURI=http://tis.tmsnet.toyota.com/t3Portal/resources/jsp/siviewer/index.jsp?dir=om/OM48675U&href=xhtml/OM48675U_OM0015.html&locale=en

I know it can turned off on some models including my old 2000 LS400.

Yes, that extra wipe is really irritating. I know why Lexus programmed it (Lexus owner's can't be inconvienienced, and 'usually' after spraying your windshield more dribbles down from the overspray at the top of the windshield arc - this extra wipe is supposed to save you having to clear the dribble yourself. It's even timed, and will do the extra wipe sooner if you're going at a faster speed and will be delayed if going slower/stopped)

Unfortunately, I find it usually just ends up smearing what had been a perfectly good spray/wipe/clean cycle, forcing me to do the spray again and then quickly to a manual wipe, which stops the system from doing the extra delayed wipe.

I will give kudos to Lexus regarding the auto wipe feature though. I know a lot of automotive journalists that complain about auto wipe systems, but aside from that extra wipe, I find mine work very well, not activating needlessly and picking up the speed when the rain/snow gets heavy.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I was perusing my service manual, and I see that the extra wipe after using the wash CAN be disabled, but you will have to have the dealer hook up the computer to change the setting.