'09 Lx 570 Vs '11 Lx 570

TundraRoads

Considering an '09 w/ 13k and a new '11. My sales guy said that there were no differences. Then another sales guy told me that the '09 has Gen 5 Nav and '11 has Gen 6 with the only difference being telematics (Enform) which I think I have little interest in. Is anyone aware of any other differences between these two?

Also, sales guy said that both have heated wiper blades, but I can't find that anywhere in Lexus documentation or site. ?

Thanks,

The heated wiper blades are on my GX if you look in the climate control info you should be able to find that info. If you are looking at the car go to climate and look to bottom right...to turn on or off.

My understanding is that the wiper blades are not heated but that there is a heating element in the lower part of the windshield - similar to that on some Lexus cars sold in Canada and other colder countries for many years. Attached is the relevant page from the 2011 LX570 owners manual.

post-2157-0-76652500-1292990343_thumb.jp

My understanding is that the wiper blades are not heated but that there is a heating element in the lower part of the windshield - similar to that on some Lexus cars sold in Canada and other colder countries for many years. Attached is the relevant page from the 2011 LX570 owners manual.

You are right. The dealer did warn me though the wiper blade gets hot and not to touch it if it's on? The dealer also called it heated wipers at least mine did...

I have a 2010 LX570. The biggest change was Lexus Enform. I like it much better than the old system in the 09 that's based on on-star (I think).

The yearly subscription is not that expensive - about $280.00/year and their service is excellent. The biggest advantage is that if you need to find a location or enter an address while driving, they can do it for you and download it directly to your nav. There is one other difference in the 09, and that was that you could download all the ipod music to a hard drive built into the car, and play the music from the car's hard drive. But there was no way to charge the ipod or play directly (something like that). In the 2010 model, the hard drive option was eliminated. But you can play music from the ipod directly. I am not much of a music person (Mainly listen to news and commentary) so the ipod thing didn't matter much to me one way or the other. But if it does to you, do some investigation as to the exact differences. (Not sure what changes are in th 2011 model, but from what I've heard, nothing much). Other than that, phenominal car! Best car I have ever owned. Just drove it 320 miles in stormy weather and constant heavy rains and the car didn't even feel it. Truely amazing! Hope this helps. Enjoy

Thank you all for the info. A good heater at the base of the windshield is probably better than just heated wipers as long as it keeps the wipers clear of ice and snow.

Ended up with a new 2010. Exterior isn't really the colour I wanted, but not a big deal. After a few years away from Lexus it's, hopefully, good to be back.

• 8 months later...

As far as my knowledge of the 2011 LX570 goes, the actual wiper isn't heated but when the deicer is activated, a heating element in the lower windshield aids in melting any ice that has accumulated on the wiper blades.