Check Eng. & Vsc Light

bander555

check eng. & vsc light it shows up in my car

lexues LS 400 1998

i check up

it is a sensor vvt b1 in eng. so i change it 3 times but it still there

when i disconnect the battery it's go but when i restarted a car the light shows up agian

the codes are p1345 & p565

any advice :cries: :cries:

Can't imagine it's the cam-sensor after 3 times replacement.

You can try to measure the resistance between the terminals of the sensor. Pull the connector: cold should be 985-1,600 Ohm, hot: 1,265-1,890 Ohm. If it's within spec, you might consider to check harness and wiring to the ECM for open or short.

Re. P?565, if you place a 0 or 1 before it, it points to the cruise control circuit.

Could be electric malfunction (connectors can get brittle over time) or valve self, affected by low oil or sludge. If you do a lookup on this site, there are some topics covering OCV's. I wouldn't be suprised if the cam-sensor code is related to the OCV malfunction.

I asked a question about the same lights back in Oct. I reset the code and the lights came right back. Cleaned the Oil Control Valve,Drove for 100 miles and on, thought the problem went away, reported as such on this Forum, and then the lights came right back. A neighbor mechanics helped up to this position. He thought the next thing is to change the Throttle Position Sensor (two of them at $300/each). I decided to send the car to a garage. The diagnosis was, much to my surprise, the Variable Valve Timing Solenoid (15330 0F010 $117 parts). It's related to the CAM according to the shop. Just got the car back before dark today. Drove around and everything is fine so far. The orgiinal codes were 1354 and 1633 for me.

I asked a question about the same lights back in Oct. I reset the code and the lights came right back. Cleaned the Oil Control Valve,Drove for 100 miles and on, thought the problem went away, reported as such on this Forum, and then the lights came right back. A neighbor mechanics helped up to this position. He thought the next thing is to change the Throttle Position Sensor (two of them at $300/each). I decided to send the car to a garage. The diagnosis was, much to my surprise, the Variable Valve Timing Solenoid (15330 0F010 $117 parts). It's related to the CAM according to the shop. Just got the car back before dark today. Drove around and everything is fine so far. The orgiinal codes were 1354 and 1633 for me.

THANKS, very good information, I have a feeling we will see lot of VSC lights as our cars get older. we dont really understand "all" the relationships involved... so all info will be of help.

DIY guys record: Variable Valve Timing Solenoid (15330 0F010 $117 parts).

Merry Christmas to all

I have a 98 and I had this a few years ago. I'll have to look up my old post because I had a few strange things happen in about one year. I did have to change the throttle position sensor but my car did vicious, horrible things to me when that was going bad :). I can't remember if the VSC and check engine lights were that or the yaw sensors. Let me go look around and see if i can find my old thread

I can't find the thread anymore. Too bad, lots of good info in the old archives and a funny story that involved me reading and researching for days, then jumping around in the trunk at 3am holding on to the garage door. Neighbors think I'm nuts but it reset whatever that issue was with the yaw sensors.

For your VSC issue, are you having any symptoms?

I can't find the thread anymore. Too bad, lots of good info in the old archives and a funny story that involved me reading and researching for days, then jumping around in the trunk at 3am holding on to the garage door. Neighbors think I'm nuts but it reset whatever that issue was with the yaw sensors.

For your VSC issue, are you having any symptoms?

TO, reset the YAW sensors,

1. Make sure the ignition (key) is in the off position.

2. Locate DLC3 connector (under the drivers side dash) and jump terminals ts and cg. (use old wires lying around).

3. Turn ignition to the on position (do not start vehicle).

4. VSC warning light will turn out for 4 seconds then start to flash.

5. Once the light starts flashing for a few seconds, turn the ignition off and remove jumper wires.

post-5365-0-94215500-1293510995_thumb.jp