Major Service Time

The Pir@te

When do I need to do a major service for my LS430, 2005 Doing 60K now?

By major service I mean Timing Belt and all sort of things around it including water-pump and all..

I am planning to do a minor service and change now all kinds of filters, Engine,Differential,Gear oils, Brake Disks & pads, couple of bushes and mounts then keep the major up til reaching 100K cause the car is running smooth now and my driving is not rough as I tend to take care of my vehicles.

Took it to the dealer for a normal check up having maint req coming out on the dashboard and they advised to do a full service (minor & major) but it costs around 2700$ which is pretty too much for me at the moment.

Any Advice..

Took it to the dealer for a normal check up having maint req coming out on the dashboard and they advised to do a full service (minor & major) but it costs around 2700$ which is pretty too much for me at the moment.

Arrrrggg. Typical dealer response. Try to make people think they do something special their cars will be better for it. Stick with manufacturers recommendations and don't stray. Dealers just trying to drum up additional service revenue in tough times. My dealer shows he changed my transmission fluid at 30 and 60k miles. The transmission in these cars is sealed and isn't serviced until 100k miles. Oh brother. I paid for a service they didn't do.

Timing belt is 90k and that is a big one. I'd change water pump while you're in there as additional labor is minor and parts aren't too bad. Some say to change camshaft oil seals too but I didn't.