Second Guessing My Investment

Aaron14

Hello everyone, I just bought a 93 LS400. I have spent quite a bit on getting the maintenance caught up and I was thinking about getting ride of it, but i fell like I will regret it if I do so. My car has had 1 owner besides, no car accidents, and only a 118k miles when I bought the car. So can someone give me advice about my situation...?

Well some advice I can give you is in most circumstances a car is not an investment.

Now if you have done most of the matinance and the car is not giving you any problems then drive the wheels offmof it and get your money back out of the car. If you are constantly dumping money in it for repairs get rod of it.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the club! :cheers:

Well some advice I can give you is in most circumstances a car is not an investment.

Now if you have done most of the matinance and the car is not giving you any problems then drive the wheels offmof it and get your money back out of the car. If you are constantly dumping money in it for repairs get rod of it.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the club! :cheers:

Thank you for the advice..The maintenance hasn't anything major just brakes, timing belt, etc...With that said do you think I should keep the car?

That is up to you and only you. :)

We don't have enough info to give that type of advice? Is it paid for, are you in school, are you working, how much cash do you have for repairs or new car, looking for a new or used car???

My rule of thumb would be if it is paid for and having no issues and you don't WANT a new car keep the one you have. You may end up buying another one with more problems than the one you have?

That is up to you and only you. :)

We don't have enough info to give that type of advice? Is it paid for, are you in school, are you working, how much cash do you have for repairs or new car, looking for a new or used car???

My rule of thumb would be if it is paid for and having no issues and you don't WANT a new car keep the one you have. You may end up buying another one with more problems than the one you have?

Yes my car is paid for, yes I am in school, as far as money goes I havent spent my first batch of funds on the initial repairs. I only have a few more repairs to be such as struts and stereo system.

Then I would keep it finish school...then when you are finished with school get a new ride. No sense in strapping your self with payments when you are in school. Now if the car just becomes more trouble than it is worth then that is different.

Good luck...don't worry someone I am sure will jump in here soon and offer some different advice.

Then I would keep it finish school...then when you are finished with school get a new ride. No sense in strapping your self with payments when you are in school. Now if the car just becomes more trouble than it is worth then that is different.

Good luck...don't worry someone I am sure will jump in here soon and offer some different advice.

Thanks for the advice.