2004 Ls 430 Cup Holder Problem

ScottRoy

I noticed that the passenger side cup holder doesn't hold the cups snugly anymore and found that the little plastic spring loaded clip that snugs the cup toward the front of the holder is broken. I found it but can't really tell if an unbroken replacement can be installed (even if I can find one). This is important since this is the only holder for the passenger and cups keep flipping out without the snugging clip.

Anyone know if this can be replaced/fixed or if I have to get a whole new / used cup holder assembly?

I saw the post which seems to describe how to remove the cup holder. Hope it applies to me too:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30241&view=findpost&p=224146

Many thanks!

I noticed that the passenger side cup holder doesn't hold the cups snugly anymore and found that the little plastic spring loaded clip that snugs the cup toward the front of the holder is broken. I found it but can't really tell if an unbroken replacement can be installed (even if I can find one). This is important since this is the only holder for the passenger and cups keep flipping out without the snugging clip.

Anyone know if this can be replaced/fixed or if I have to get a whole new / used cup holder assembly?

I saw the post which seems to describe how to remove the cup holder. Hope it applies to me too:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30241&view=findpost&p=224146

Many thanks!

I dont know of any other way than to replace the broken one with a new one and the instructions you found are correct