Navigation Screen Won't Stay On Chosen Function

Hello,

I'm a new user and a first poster; please forgive any format errors. I recently installed the 2010 DVD Nav update disc purchased from local dealer in my 2008 RX350. All is good with regard to streets, but now the map view has become the default screen. For example, if we are viewing the map, then choose to look at the audio menu by pressing the audio button, the radio info only stays on screen for 15 seconds or so, then reverts back to the map. Same with trip info screen. Can we program this to keep the chosen screen, whatever it is, active until the next driver or passenger initiated command? Couldn't find any help in the Nav instruction book for this. My memory is that the old version didn't do this. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm a new user and a first poster; please forgive any format errors. I recently installed the 2010 DVD Nav update disc purchased from local dealer in my 2008 RX350. All is good with regard to streets, but now the map view has become the default screen. For example, if we are viewing the map, then choose to look at the audio menu by pressing the audio button, the radio info only stays on screen for 15 seconds or so, then reverts back to the map. Same with trip info screen. Can we program this to keep the chosen screen, whatever it is, active until the next driver or passenger initiated command? Couldn't find any help in the Nav instruction book for this. My memory is that the old version didn't do this. Thanks.

You might contact "dcfish"; he may be able to help you. This is not a topic I have heard of before.

Paul