Gear Shifter Lights Etc... Not Working

meritlexus

Hello I am new to this forum but have really gotten some useful info from it so far...I have a 2006 Lexus GX460 w 54000 miles. All of my interior lights are working except for around the gear shifter and down hill assist button etc. The only ones that are working in that area are the seat warmers. Does this seem to be a fuse? If so is that something I can switch ou myself. It should be noted that I just got the car back on Friday from a warranty repair regarding having the transfer case chain replaced. (The car was droning between 70-75 mph.) Does anyone think that has anything to do with it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did this problem arise after the repair?

Did they have to disassemble the center console when replacing the transfer case chain? It sounds like an electrical connector was left unplugged. I did that - only once - when reassembling the center console of my LS - which I've disassembled too many times for a variety of projects.

There is likely a bulb for the shift indicator but the fact that buttons are also unlit would lead me to think that a connector is unplugged.

Thanks for the reply. I do not know if they had to disassemble the center console when replacing the transfer case chain, but regardless it is mighty suspicious isn't it but I understand that things happen. Just curious if anyone knows where the fuses are or if I could run a quick check without going back to the dealership which is an hour away.

Did this problem arise after the repair?

Did they have to disassemble the center console when replacing the transfer case chain? It sounds like an electrical connector was left unplugged. I did that - only once - when reassembling the center console of my LS - which I've disassembled too many times for a variety of projects.

There is likely a bulb for the shift indicator but the fact that buttons are also unlit would lead me to think that a connector is unplugged.

Hello I am new to this forum but have really gotten some useful info from it so far...I have a 2006 Lexus GX460 w 54000 miles. All of my interior lights are working except for around the gear shifter and down hill assist button etc. The only ones that are working in that area are the seat warmers. Does this seem to be a fuse? If so is that something I can switch ou myself. It should be noted that I just got the car back on Friday from a warranty repair regarding having the transfer case chain replaced. (The car was droning between 70-75 mph.) Does anyone think that has anything to do with it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No separate fuses for these items ,the bulbs are probably just burnt out.

Thanks Apna. I assume it would be more than one bulb that services the gear shifter, hydraulic controller, downhill assist, differential etc... If so, I find it odd that all of those would go out at one time. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Doubt it matters but this is actually a 470 not a 460. Sorry, it's my wifes car and I never drive it...

Thanks Apna. I assume it would be more than one bulb that services the gear shifter, hydraulic controller, downhill assist, differential etc... If so, I find it odd that all of those would go out at one time. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

I would at least call the dealer and follow-up on Jim's theory. His train of thought has more logic behind it than a group of bulbs blowing out all at once. Just ask on of the service advisor's whats involved with changing the transfer case chain.

Paul

The Drone Noise..there is a TSB going on and that is why the replacement has been done. It would be better to go back to the dealer as something has not been done rite in terms of the harness connectors above the T/Box to the ECU that is why these lights are not fired up.