Cell Phone

my old cell phone has died--i am on verizon and have not been able to find a full function phone for my 2006 rx 330 w/nav

the list on the lexus site is outdated and according to lexus they will not be testing the new phones on my model

does the droid work, or even a flip phone that provides all of the functions including dial by voice

thanks for your help

Unless you plan to buy a phone online, you could try picking out a phone you like and either ask a cell phone sales rep/technician to help you confirm that the phone works with your car's Bluetooth or buy the phone with the stipulation that it can be returned if it does not work with the car's Bluetooth.

I think some of the techie cell phone sales guys I've met would be thrilled to help you demo the phone in your car but you might want to catch them on a slow day.

You might focus on cell phone brands that have the most models compatible with Lexus Bluetooth systems. For example, Blackberries across the board seem to have a high degree of compatibility.

Unless you plan to buy a phone online, you could try picking out a phone you like and either ask a cell phone sales rep/technician to help you confirm that the phone works with your car's Bluetooth or buy the phone with the stipulation that it can be returned if it does not work with the car's Bluetooth.

I think some of the techie cell phone sales guys I've met would be thrilled to help you demo the phone in your car but you might want to catch them on a slow day.

You might focus on cell phone brands that have the most models compatible with Lexus Bluetooth systems. For example, Blackberries across the board seem to have a high degree of compatibility.

thanks Jim,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

i'm sure you already got a new phone, and it has little to do with the lexus (mine is a 2002, and lacks technology that has been developed since then), but I wanted to make a recommendation anyway for the motorola droid x. i had an incredibly bad experience with an htc incredible, and am very particular about my "gear." if my frustrating experience can save one person from going through something similar, it'll be worth it.

in my humble opinion, by leaps and bounds, the droid x is the best phone EVER.

The Droid has a very hard time syncing with the Lexus navigation system...if you over look one step, you have to start all over. I would recommend if you are having a hard time syncing a droid to your navigation or bluetooth to swing by the local dealer and have someone that does it frequently help you.