Wing/spoiler Suggestions

Hites

A good spoiler is D1 Takahiro's dry carbon one. it looks pretty bad on his soarer except it costs about 1300 from GTP. Theres another one that i was thinkin of where the sides of it start off lower than the center , but the back is at the same level. does anyone know what im talking aboot?

A good spoiler is D1 Takahiro's dry carbon one.  it looks pretty bad on his soarer except it costs about 1300 from GTP.  Theres another one that i was thinkin of where the sides of it start off lower than the center , but the back is at the same level.  does anyone know what im talking aboot?

Might you be talking about this wing?

s2000_00_w_topsecret_rwing_gt2_01.jpg

you got any pics of your car with the supra spoiler?

I think he was talking about the SC Spoiler.

A good spoiler is D1 Takahiro's dry carbon one.  it looks pretty bad on his soarer except it costs about 1300 from GTP.  Theres another one that i was thinkin of where the sides of it start off lower than the center , but the back is at the same level.  does anyone know what im talking aboot?

Might you be talking about this wing?

s2000_00_w_topsecret_rwing_gt2_01.jpg

you got any pics of your car with the supra spoiler?

I think he was talking about the SC Spoiler.

you can always get a look-alike for $200 though: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2461880390

1070513274330_AS_RS53Z.jpg

how bout this spoiler:

1071620784552_celica_trd_spoiler___carbon__.jpg

^that spoiler looks familiar to me. did it come on the skyline and/or rx7?

That wing looks like the FD RZ stock wing, or whatever that model is called type 0 .. <shrugs>

Personally, I think the bomex wing looks the best on our cars. Our body lines scream flat. Something that sticks up too high just doesn't look right in my opinion.

That wing looks like the FD RZ stock wing, or whatever that model is called type 0 .. <shrugs>

Personally, I think the bomex wing looks the best on our cars. Our body lines scream flat. Something that sticks up too high just doesn't look right in my opinion.

the sc isnt totally flat as say an evo or early 90s honda; id say that it has hints of round with flat like the rsx or new subi's. btw, i found the spoiler im getting:

TOR1669.jpg

(best pic i could find, which isnt all that great.) ive seen these on a few mk4 supras and thought that they looked good but maybe a little too flat for the supras round body, which makes it a pretty ideal fit in my eye. opinions?

OK, I've got my flack jacket on. No one asked me, but, damn, has it come to this? These beautiful cars desecrated with these hideous wings that look so rice I could puke. They look insanely out of place on this gorgeous car. You're out of your freaking mind. Leave it alone, some of the best car designers on the planet made a masterpiece and you want to scar it up like some cheap civic. This is embarrassing. To each their own, its your car, but that's what many of us going to think if they are not laughing out loud on sight of this hidious comic book batmobile freak of a wing. Why are you having touble finding wings that fit. There is no demand as spoken by more than an hundred thousand SC owners until you come along. :chairshot:

OK, got that off my chest.

Quick now, where's my helmet?

Well, i totally agree with you! I mean, on my Grand Prix, there is no reason to get a wing on there and there is no wing that would look good on those curves, BUT...i hate to say it, but currently, my Soarer handles like CRAP at high speeds. I mean, low speeds its nothing to scream about, but high speeds are dangerous. High speeds meaning 90+. So, i am justified a spoiler...has to be C/F to match the trunk when it comes though

OK, I've got my flack jacket on. No one asked me, but, damn, has it come to this? These beautiful cars desecrated with these hideous wings that look so rice I could puke. They look insanely out of place on this gorgeous car. You're out of your freaking mind. Leave it alone, some of the best car designers on the planet made a masterpiece and you want to scar it up like some cheap civic. This is embarrassing. To each their own, its your car, but that's what many of us going to think if they are not laughing out loud on sight of this hidious comic book batmobile freak of a wing. Why are you having touble finding wings that fit. There is no demand as spoken by more than an hundred thousand SC owners until you come along.:chairshot:

OK, got that off my chest.

Quick now, where's my helmet?

so youve seen an sc with the spoiler i linked? yeah, thats what i thought. now !Removed!; your opinion is not wanted.

yeah, thats what i thought. now !Removed!; your opinion is not wanted.

Harsh.

I'd have to agree with SCoupe here.

I thought about a spoiler and really considered the SC400 w/Brakelight.

But then I stood behind my car for a while, and realised that I love the back just the way it is.

As for handling at high speeds, drop the car and get some decent coilovers.

My car is stable at speeds upward of 130 MPH....if you need to go any faster, you should really ask yourself why.

Harsh.

i call it getting straight to the point, but harsh is also a suitable description.

im wanting some pics of different spoilers on sc's, but there is a total lack of any. i refuse to get one of those gt (aluminum on stilts) wings because i dont like those on any vehicle other than a full blown race car such as a daytona prototype.

I'd have to agree with SCoupe here.

I thought about a spoiler and really considered the SC400 w/Brakelight.

But then I stood behind my car for a while, and realised that I love the back just the way it is.

As for handling at high speeds, drop the car and get some decent coilovers.

My car is stable at speeds upward of 130 MPH....if you need to go any faster, you should really ask yourself why.

I admit, i love the way the back end is on the car and thats why its so damn hard to find anything that wont jack it up. But i have to disagree on the speed issue. I mean, whats the point of having 3-400hp if you cant use it. Besides, i get up to 180kph pretty damn fast and thats on Okinawan roads which have no straights on them at all. Unless you risk the highway. I heard theres some ungodly fast undercover cop car there so i stay off. Some Speed Racer RacerX stuff from what i hear. One minute youre doing 230kph and the next hes on your rear with a light...

it seems to me that if you solicit the opinions of the other members, you need to be ready for a couple that might not be so flattering. no need for nastiness.

lmfao! you think that the post i quoted on the top of this page wasnt agressive? reread it again and tell me that my response to somebody saying that my tastes and opinions are flat out wrong was unjustifiable.

so, does anybody know where i can find some pics of sc's with aftermarket spoilers?

finally found the damn spoiler ive been looking for. its the trd spoiler for the supra, yet i cant find a single place to buy one. so... anybody know where i can find a store that sells trd supra spoilers? will the spoiler even fit correctly?

Have you checked with some of our Authorized Trader--MrSypher, Lextasy, and JDMparts_guru.

If they don't have it, let me know. I have a couple of sources.

Have you checked with some of our Authorized Trader--MrSypher, Lextasy, and JDMparts_guru.

If they don't have it, let me know. I have a couple of sources.

does the cf spoiler on lextasy.com come with an led light?