Got Hit....

juan01

I must be bad luck or something....I got hit this morning..again. I got hit a few months back at the post office from the rear, now it's the front's turn. :thumbdn:

I parked my car outside my house at the same time a van was parking... Anyway the deal was that he didn't know I had parked at that certain spot.. and when it was time for him to leave, he assumed no car was there so he reversed into the driver's side front of my car. So now I'm left with paint chips and dents on the hood and bumper.... and WORST OF ALL... my precious black housing headlight is messed up. :( Plastic is all scratched up and the black paint inside chipped. :mad: Check out the pics.

customblackhousinghahaha.jpg

closeup.jpg

chips.jpg

sidehousing.jpg

Oh man, thats terrible. I'm sorry to hear about it.

Damage doesn't look too bad though. New hood, new headlight, probably be able to re-use the bumper cover, they'll just sand it down and re-spray it.

Look at it this way, those headlamp housings looked somewhat clouded. You can pay a little out of pocket and get another new lamp for the other side, then open them up, respray the housings black and they'll look better than they ever did.

Being hit is never fun, I always try to see the silver lining though :)

I assume he's definately at fault?

Oh, I might need a new hood? I didn't think I would....I haven't even tried opening it up. haha..

Well, I'm hoping to get a whole new paint job... this is probably the time to do it.

oh yea... It was definitely the other guys' fault. I wasn't even in my car.. It was parked. :whistles:

hang the other guy's insurance. that's what it's for and your job is now to get your car back in shape. try to look on the bright side, which is that you'll be getting spanking new parts that will be better than old. hopefully your insurance will require OEM...don't let them fob off any old stuff on you. good luck....wasn't your fault. i'm sure the other guy doesn't feel too great about it either, if that helps you deal with it. my rule is to allow myself a 'pity party' (just plain wallow in your misery, like a pig in a trough) and then to buckle up and get busy. easier said than done though. admittedly.

Milk his insurance for all you can man. Back when we had the red ES, my mom got rearended one day. Our insurance company told us to take it to the local Mercedes-Benz dealership to have it appraised, as they're right nextdoor to the Lexus dealership but they have a full service body shop. It didn't look bad from outside, but there was some internal damage. Guy at the Benz shop estimated over 2k in repairs (factoring in NEW Lexus parts, labor, and a repainting of the WHOLE rear end, which was sorta overkill). What'd we do? Took the check for 2grand, called up a junkyard, found an identical car with a good rearend (better than ours was before), pulled ours off, pulled out the body (turned out to be very nominal damage inside), put it all back for under $300 and an afternoon workin on it. Spent the rest of the check payin off the loan ;) B) I know not everyone is this crafty, but it's worth gettin every dime you can if it's gonna make your car better. That's the way I see it anyway...