Medic!

ArmyofOne

Wow...nothing like kicking us in the !Removed!. As if we dont have enough to deal with with a 3,000 Mile Military PCS Move coming up...My wife calls me this morning at 11am telling me she was driving through the town square here in Watertown and somebody backed out of a perpendicular parking spot INTO TRAFFIC and smacked her. I don't really know how it happened, I was not with her. She said it was a little old lady not paying attention and felt bad for her. I dont know who this woman is, but I want to kick her !Removed!! Who backs out of a space adjacent to a major roadway, into traffic? Furthermore, you can't see this big !Removed! TRUCK coming right at you? I will let the pix tell the story. Theres at least $5,000 in damage. It moved the bed 2 inches off center as well. FML.

post-12224-0-95795300-1292440008_thumb.j

post-12224-0-50552000-1292440014_thumb.j

post-12224-0-13079400-1292440021_thumb.j

post-12224-0-90816700-1292440029_thumb.j

post-12224-0-32003200-1292440036_thumb.j

post-12224-0-92162300-1292440048_thumb.j

Wow...nothing like kicking us in the !Removed!. As if we dont have enough to deal with with a 3,000 Mile Military PCS Move coming up...My wife calls me this morning at 11am telling me she was driving through the town square here in Watertown and somebody backed out of a perpendicular parking spot INTO TRAFFIC and smacked her. I don't really know how it happened, I was not with her. She said it was a little old lady not paying attention and felt bad for her. I dont know who this woman is, but I want to kick her !Removed!! Who backs out of a space adjacent to a major roadway, into traffic? Furthermore, you can't see this big !Removed! TRUCK coming right at you? I will let the pix tell the story. Theres at least $5,000 in damage. It moved the bed 2 inches off center as well. FML.

Mabey if your truck had been clean she would've seen it. Time for a detail... DOH! Did I say that....

Thats not so bad. New skin for the rear door, they'll repair and refinish the doorframe. That one spot on the bed, any chance that might buff out?

No, the bed has to be painted, its scratched with a slight dent all the way to metal. In 2 days in the salt its already starting to rust.

Ram has 5AT w/OD4 (Overdrive, 4cylinder mode). S0 it has 6 gears, hwy cruising yields 4 cylinders, 75mph@ 1700 rpm. 4:55 gears in the rear end. I think whats doing it is the full time-AWD in the kia. This thing is a gas HOG.

thats ok, I have a 5-11 rear ready to go in, when it gets out of the shop. this will be nice...and stupid!! 0-60...well uh...never. but 0-30 we can do in a half second!

Not literally. but it would be fun to try. The 5-11's in the rear, towing should be cake...but gas mileage goes down.

thats ok, I have a 5-11 rear ready to go in, when it gets out of the shop. this will be nice...and stupid!! 0-60...well uh...never. but 0-30 we can do in a half second!

Not literally. but it would be fun to try. The 5-11's in the rear, towing should be cake...but gas mileage goes down.

They are doing 4 hours of free work for me because of a previous repair that was botched. They are doing that out of the kindness of their hearts (was not their repair, but it was minor and I already knew about it and was going to fix it, thats how I got the truck so cheap). Its on the opposite side of the truck, so there was no way for them to be compensated through the insurance, and they could very well have charged me for the extra time on the L/F Fender. However, they told me since they were going to have paint left over, they would go ahead and sand, prime and repaint it, fixing the filler, rust and "primer sinking" in the paint.

Here is the only in-progress pic I could get, they dont allow customers in the shop for insurance reasons. I took it this morning at 930am. Just for clarification, this is NOT where they painted the truck. They have a State-of-the-Art paint booth, complete with rotisserie, and oven racks. They had already painted the doors and cab and bed, and they were in the process of wetsanding/reassembly, which is why its not in the paint booth anymore. Should be ready today or tomorrow, a full 4 days early!

I included some pix of the inside of the rental as well, a 2011 Kia Sorento AWD V6, a nice car to be sure! Look at that interior! and 7 passenger seating in a mid-size SUV for under $26000! I cant believe the improvement of kia's interiors and general build quality over the years! Seems most carmakers are improving!

post-12224-0-40695600-1293125536_thumb.j

post-12224-0-19080200-1293125595_thumb.j

post-12224-0-78649100-1293125629_thumb.j

post-12224-0-74072000-1293125738_thumb.j

post-12224-0-67428000-1293126161_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good Josh! Hope you didn't have hidden damage like me. :(

Looks like you only had body damage in the accident. In my accidents, I had an alignment knocked out which I paid out of my pocket because insurance was being belligerent even to the point of the manager of the insurance co talking to the service manager of my Honda dealer. My certified Honda dealership had told insurance that an easy knock in the a** of my car can knock out the alignment and records did prove that the accident caused it. I went through 3 accidents which is enough to prove the alignment issue but Travelers (who is my insurance) was being a real PITA. I had spoken to a claims adjuster who works for Farmers and he even told me that I can report my insurance company for not writing the rejected alignment on piece of paper and that they only verbally told me "eventually" (which is true, insurance never told me they rejected it, bodyshop did since it was their money who was on the table since insurance didnt pay them).

Looks good Josh! Hope you didn't have hidden damage like me. :(

Looks like you only had body damage in the accident. In my accidents, I had an alignment knocked out which I paid out of my pocket because insurance was being belligerent even to the point of the manager of the insurance co talking to the service manager of my Honda dealer. My certified Honda dealership had told insurance that an easy knock in the a** of my car can knock out the alignment and records did prove that the accident caused it. I went through 3 accidents which is enough to prove the alignment issue but Travelers (who is my insurance) was being a real PITA. I had spoken to a claims adjuster who works for Farmers and he even told me that I can report my insurance company for not writing the rejected alignment on piece of paper and that they only verbally told me "eventually" (which is true, insurance never told me they rejected it, bodyshop did since it was their money who was on the table since insurance didnt pay them).

Dens

I have used Travelers for many clients for about 10 years they are great to deal with. There is more to your story...what do you mean you went through 3 accidents? If it was prior damage that is why it wasn't covered. I have never had problems having an alignment covered for front end collisions but have never had anyone need one for getting banged in the rear end? How much damage?

Lexi, it's a long story. To sum it up, I was rear ended (Thank God not in the Lex or BMW) 3 times within a one year span. I have full records with my Honda dealership that even they themselves can rest assure me that my rear alignment (it's awd) was knocked out. Just the fact that my alignment was done apr 10 then got hit on july 13 and I ran straight to my dealer to have the alignment checked and they said it got knocked out again. Yes there's a possibility that I may have knocked it out in between Apr 10 and July 13, but every time I have my oil change done they do an alignment check and every single time my alignment is perfectly fine! Actually it surprised me that I hit a few big nasty bumps in Nov and had my oil change in Dec, to find out that the alignment checked in perfectly OK :unsure: .

The service manager had a talk with the adjuster's manager and the service manager told me that they did not have a civil talk over the phone because Travelers raised their voice right away to take control of the conversation and to :censored: the service manager. In other words, he wanted to end the conversation ASAP even though the service manager could prove insurance wrong