My Car Shakes Really Bad..whats Wrong?

Lexus215

I have a 91 Lexus LS 400 and my car shakes really bad.. What I did so far was give it a full tune up plugs,wires, etc... The car still shakes BAD what else could it be?

Could it be any relays, ECU, etc?? What should I check for? Help Please

what exactly is shaking? the engine or the whole car when you drive?

if the whole car is shaking when you are driving then the problem is prolly in your tires. they are either unbalanced or have a bent rim. tune has nothing to do with the car shaking during the move. if the engine is shaking when the car is not moving then you have to to check engine mounts. rev the engine while its in parked position and check if the engine is about to jump out. if it wants to jump then you have to go under then car and check them more carefully. its a common problem on the old car

My Lexus vibrates, I know I need new front tires because they are slightly worn out from the ends, aligment: did that but still steering wheel is tiled to the left, "a little," my car makes this noise "clunking noise" ppl told me it is the strut. The price of new struts and things to go with it add up. The vibration of my car: can't be explanied from a LOC member, without looking at it. I'm not going to repair any of those things because the repair cost will cost more then the car, which is just under $6,000.

The issue about the engine jumping out both my Lexus and Acura do this. 1992 Acura Legend does that because I guess like all Lexus have strut probs they have transmission probs. :) All three of my friends with 1992-93 Legends are the same as mine. When the Legend hits the second gear the car shifts back real hard. As far as the Lexus goes, the engine move up and tries to jump out when I go from Park or Rev or Drive but harder from Park to Rev then P,R to Drive.

How can the engine mounts be repaired. Do screw need to be tighten up OR new mounts or $$$$? :chairshot:

my legend dosnt do any of the things urs does:)

as to your lexus i dont think its that expensive, check the jbtasts thread about suspension. it costs around 300 for the springs and 200 for the strus and 100-150 for installation.

engine mounts you havae to change completely since the rubber is bad and broken. this is time consuming operaion but it needs to be done otherwise the engine might fell a lil bit and touch the rack and prevent it from moving properly which will cause additional repair costs.

My car shakes while not moving.. Its not the motor mounts because my car pudders really bad. My whole car shakes it feels like my car needs a tune up, but I've already done it. When I rev the car it just pudders really bad.

Also my check engine light is on, and the lights in my dash are like flickering.. I also smell unusual fumes coming from the exhaust pipe.

What happen was I left out of town for a few days and I let my cousin use my car for the few days... And now that im back my car isn't running the same. I asked him what did he do, he said all he did was drive the car. Which I don't believe this was a perfect running car. it has only 84k and it s 91 LS 400.

I know one thing for sure I will NEVER trust him again.

Thanks for all the replys!!

My car shakes while not moving

Also my check engine light is on, and the lights in my dash are like flickering.. I also smell unusual fumes coming from the exhaust pipe.

Obviously the engine is running roughly. The check engine light is the key. The reason it is on, is that it has something to tell you. You will need to retrieve the code, which probably won't do you much good, or have a mechanic retrieve the code, which will lead them to the repair. The smelly exhaust is a clue that there is something seriously wrong. Stop driving the car until it is fixed.