Rear Driver Window Wont Go Up..its Cold Out!

Hello everyone, before I decided to join I would came to this site for information and diy fixes and it has been absolutely informative and cash saving. Great site! My '94 GS300 rear driver window made a pop when I let it down last night so I let the switch go, but not before it came down about an inch or so. Now it doesn't go back up. It will go down though, and it is freezing here right now. I saw a few posts where you hold the switch and slam the door but those guys windows wouldnt go down. My question is will that trick work for my problem. I do not want to let the window down further than it already is for it not to work. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Get a jacket and a pair of gloves? :blushing: lol J/K SORRY I Couldn't help it!

Have you tried gently to assist the window up. Maybe it is just hung up. I wouldn't think it would be the fuse since it will go down...You may also want to try the switch from the drivers door as well as the back door too. Maybe it is the SWITCH.

Good Luck! :cheers:

Any suggestions?

Get a jacket and a pair of gloves? :blushing: lol J/K SORRY I Couldn't help it!

Have you tried gently to assist the window up. Maybe it is just hung up. I wouldn't think it would be the fuse since it will go down...You may also want to try the switch from the drivers door as well as the back door too. Maybe it is the SWITCH.

Good Luck! :cheers:

Lol. I had all of that on when I was out there trying to close that darn thing up. The switch seems fine, I took the panel off and tried the slam the door while holding the switch fix. It reset the motor I believe, but it looks like a cable guide of some sort has broken off (may have been the pop i heard) and it just wont go up. The cables move up and down but only a short distance so I'm just going to visit the local salvage yard and see if they got the parts. Does anyone know what toyo vehicle(s) would have the compatible parts?