1998 Ls400 Console Compartment Door Lock No.2

marwankw

Hi all,

Need a little help in replacing the center compartment lock No.2 (Center Console Box lock), see the below diagram,

580508A.jpg

I've broken the lock (in red) and need to replace it. the lock is fitted on the top compartment deck (the one which is marked in blue) I got the part but how to dismantle the old lock ?

can anyone help.

Thanks

on my 97, I used a putty knife to run around the edges to make sure they were not stuck together, didnt want to tear the covering, then used a screw driver to lift the (blue) tray out, (simular to the gearshift panel). it was not easy but they separated, they are held together with the 90468-04179 clips. If you are the type to get upset and use force, you dont really want to do this...... be gentle.

I see, actually I bought the tray also :) I didn't know that it was the lock only. but will do as you said and hopefully won't break anything :unsure:

thanks for your help.

on my 97, I used a putty knife to run around the edges to make sure they were not stuck together, didnt want to tear the covering, then used a screw driver to lift the (blue) tray out, (simular to the gearshift panel). it was not easy but they separated, they are held together with the 90468-04179 clips. If you are the type to get upset and use force, you dont really want to do this...... be gentle.

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. Neither of the 2 lids of the center console close (the lid where my arm rests and the tray below it which serves as the lid for the bottom compartment. At first, the top latch seemed to have a spring missing and until recently I could push the latch in to grab on something but I think more pieces have broken off and BOTH lids now stay fully open. 1)where can I get the parts to fix this and can I fix this without replacing the entire center piece. Thanks.

without seeing what you have boogered up, I cant say... but if you are lucky to find one in a salvage yard, do it, otherwise hello Lexus..

just a thought, why didnt you fix it while it was small??? didnt your momma tell you a stitch in time saves nine??