Windows With Minds Of Their Own

minos23

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, when I get out of my 199 Lexus RX300, and I close the driver door, the the windows and sunroof open to its maximum and won't stop unless I push the lock/unlock button. The alarm will not set until I lock and unlock the drivers side door. The outside keylock on the drivers side has also quit operating.It doesn't happen all the time but it's getting annoying, and I'm wondering if anyone has this same problem. Found an old post about it but no mention of a fix. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, when I get out of my 199 Lexus RX300, and I close the driver door, the the windows and sunroof open to its maximum and won't stop unless I push the lock/unlock button. The alarm will not set until I lock and unlock the drivers side door. The outside keylock on the drivers side has also quit operating.It doesn't happen all the time but it's getting annoying, and I'm wondering if anyone has this same problem. Found an old post about it but no mention of a fix. Does anyone have any ideas?

My 1st suggestion would be to lube the drivers side lock cylinder with some WD-40 and see if you can get it working again. I THINK that's where your problem probably lies. The drivers door lock assy. has the strip sensors that control the automatic operation of the windows and sunroof. If the outside lock cylinder isn't working, it may very well be holding the lock just enough that it gets the wrong signal and opens the windows and sunroof automatically. Note that I am referring to the LOCK CYLINDER and DOOR LOCK (also called a latch assy.), two different things. Deal with the lock cylinder 1st. and see if it doesn't correct the other problem.